cant root gingerbread on droid r2d2

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
Hi Im trying to root the gingerbread ota update on my r2d2 Ive tried gingerbreak and after 20 minutes nothing was happening so i cancelled it. I also tried the droid 3 one click root on my computer but the program wont recognize my phone. Any help would really be appreciated I miss being rooted, thanks

cmunny

Reaction score
The droid 3 one click is the best. Make sure the phone is charge only and make sure the non market apps is checked and also the usb debugging. Takes no time at all. Just reboot after.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
I tried that had my phone on charge only usb debuging on and non market apps on but the command promp window that opened just says "searching for the phone (connect it now if you haven't yet)

cmunny

Reaction score
I would do those things and then run that program. Don't run as admin. Just doubleclick and then ok. That should work.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
no luck it still says waiting for my phone to be connected.

cmunny

Reaction score
Ok here is something that you could try. Sbf it to non r2d2 for d2 and then update and root from there. I have never done that with the d2. But that could be an option. You might want to check xda or some sight like that to be sure it would work. My understganding is that it should but like I said I have never done it. Once you do that you should be good. I can't think of anything else. I take no responsibilty if that doesn't work or worse.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
Well I don't want to lose all of the star wars stuff if so that wouldn't be an option for me. Thanks for trying to help though

cmunny

Reaction score
Well in that case bi would search xda and see if there is something there. You may get lucky.

cmunny

Reaction score
That's true. Didn't even think of that. Its happened to me.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
when I plug my phone in it connects and lets me go through my memory card in usb storage mode so I think i have the drivers. Is there a way to check if I have all the drivers?

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
ok I plugged it in and the M icon doesnt appear. I installed motohelper from Motorolas website and ran clean and reinstall but the drivers still dont appear to be installed.

Edit: After i did that i unplugged my phone and plugged back in and windows said installing device drivers but failed to install motorola A957 usb device

Last edited:
OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
ok Ill try and get back to you

Edit: no luck it still failed to install the drivers

Last edited:
OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
ok thanks ill try that tomorrow when i get a chance and post back with results.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
Sorry I took so long I just broke up with my GF and havent felt like doing much. Anyway i tried following the instructions in that link but the usb_driver in the android software sdk folder isn't there. I've tried searching google for Motorola R2D2 drivers but the only relevant result takes me back to exactly the same page you linked me to.

OP
X

xxerikdlcxx

Reaction score
sorry it took so long to respond back again. that last link did the trick, thanks. is there a way to give you +rep or something?