cant return to stock to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.2.1

greenman45

Reaction score
i currently have a rooted droid x 2.2 system version 2.3.15. my phone is pretty much completely stock(no custom roms) but the first thing i did once rooted was use system app uninstaler and root explorer to delete a bunch of things i didnt want. this consisted of mostly bloatware but i also deleted the default music player and alarm clock because both would turn themselves on and i purchased alarm clock plus and poweramp to replace them. i was able to reinstall the bloatware like blockbuster and whatnot into the system/app folder but instalation always fails for the music.apk files i find. and i cant find any blur.alarmclock apk files anywhere. now i cant update because i cant find working apk files on the internet and i didnt back them up because i didnt think id ever need them. should i just flash back to 2.2 then update and reroot or is there a way to find these apk files. ive googled for.days with no luck and that chad site that everyone suggests wont allow me to download the 2.3.15 files. please any help would be appreciated i would love to update and be ready for gingerbread if we ever get it

A Nobody

Reaction score
can i suggest using sbf to return to stock...the upgrade with the ota then reroot.

OP
G

greenman45

Reaction score
so reflash it is. never flashed my phone so any help would be useful. ill search for instructions too. any problems rerooting after the ota update?

A Nobody

Reaction score
here are videos posted by pc747 in another thread:

[video=youtube;CIdtdYqbasw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIdtdYqbasw]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT1[/video]

[video=youtube;H62KLc4kKN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62KLc4kKN0]YouTube - Reverting Back to Stock 2.1 on the Droid X PT2[/video]

Those videos are how to flash a sbf. Now you will not have to worry about the step with moving the patch infact you can start at the the step where he boots into the bootloader. Please make sure you have atleast 60-70% battery life. The video uses a different sbf file but the steps are the same...good luck.

OP
G

greenman45

Reaction score
rsd lite went to 99% then failed. im trying it again. any idea why? what state is my phone in now if the flash fails again/how should i restrart it

OP
G

greenman45

Reaction score
update- so even though it didnt go at all as planed somehow this worked out perfectly. when i tried to flash back to 2.2 it failed at 99% so i tried to flash it again because my phone was still in the bootloader. as it was flashing a second time my phone restarted and it was in the exact state it was before i tried the first flash, contacts texts apps everything. only my root was gone and all the bloatware and stock apps were there. i just updated and now all i have to do is reroot. i have no idea what happened, but somehow it worked out perfectly and i didnt have to bother with a hard reset. thanks for the help and im sorry my solution cant help anyone because it was a complete fluke. hopefully we'll get gingerbread soon to make all this work worth it. also, dont ever delete stock apps or bloatware