lost root, cant recover, cant flash...but phone boots

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
ok. i dont know WHAT happened...i was trying to use adb to remove some files, and it wouldnt work. (But titanium would???????????) Now when trying to use titanium, im getting a message telling me i no longer have root. i said, ok, what the hell, ill just go back to stock..

started rsdlite, followed instructions..flashfailed..ok..rebooted phone, boots up no problem..

redid the clockwork mod to try to install froyo...it fails. gives message:

verifying current file system
assert failed" apply_patch_check (" /system/app/AccountAndSyncSettings.apl" "984563495643(long string of numbers)" "89569438anotherstring" "another string"
E:Error in /sdcard/droidx_rooted_froyo.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.
E: Cant open /tmp/recoery.log

but i can reboot it and go back to the main screen. and by the way, i dont remember deleting that account and sync file. im gonna check it now if i can get in.

btw...i CAN use the clockwork mod to load the 921 black glass theme...so i dont know what that works but 2.2 doesnt..kinda lost here. lol

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
ok i got it going back to stock..had to tweak rsdlite...well start over from here..

can anyone pm me and point me towards a stable froyo (if there is on) or should i stick with 2.1 and my theme for now?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dude im still helping you in the other thread no need to make another one

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
cant get root back...i dont know what has changed, but none of the rooting guides are working for me. when i get to the exploid step...i get permission denied, when i try to write into the sql i get read only file syste,

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
androot didnt work, adb didnt work, adb root from the pc didnt work, doing it in the terminal on the phone didnt work...

i cant copy and run the exploid for some reason..i dont know why. im flashing AGAIN right now, im gonna run androot before i do ANYTHING else.

im thinking maybe using the wrong cable last time might not of given me a full flash or something.