Can't remember the name of this app that puts your favorite apps in 1 3d widget

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
A while back, I saw an article about this app that I thought was called "favorite apps", but I must be wrong because I can't find it. It would put a widget on your phone that when you opened, it would have a bunch of your favorite apps in a circular 3d design that you could flick to the right/left to pick one. Does anyone know what app I'm talking about? :)

The Rick

Reaction score
launcher dock
i love the design but hated the icon and how it would randomly not open apps

edit- maybe i'm wrong but it does something similar to what you described, i don't remember any flicking though

OP
E

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
Ah, thank god! After an eternity of going through my browser history, I found it! It's called UltimateFaves:

UltimateFaves for Android

It's free, and I just installed it. It was exactly what I wanted. I have a lot of "tool" apps (compass, bubble, stopwatch, light, coin flip, etc.), and I thought it would be nice to put all of those type apps under 1 widget named "tools". Works great!

The Rick

Reaction score
Looks cool, I'll give it a try, thanks.

edit- seems good so far. I just assigned it to my camera button. it takes a bit to open but it seems like a nice option

Last edited:

The Rick

Reaction score
for some reason, this didn't play well with ultimate droid 6.5 which is a ese53 build. I had to uninstall as it kept freezing up my phone. Looked good while it worked!

OP
E

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
It doesn't do anything to your home screens, it only takes up the small place of one widget. I put it on my left hand screen, and I still have tons of other widgets there also.

I found the free version was freezing up a bit, and I emailed the developer who told me that it was a bug that happened on Droids when using the opaque background, and that I could either switch to a transparent background, or get the UltimateFavsPro version for $1.49, which should run smoothly. I opted to get the pay version, and it's running perfectly. Much faster than the free version, and no freezing or hangups. Plus, now I can make more carousals. In addition to the one I made for "tools", I made a "shopping" one, and a "games" one. Great organizational tool for someone who had lots of apps! :)

itsfriggenme

Reaction score
OMFG.. is that a fun little app.. really.. running ultimate droid 6.5.2 and so far with reboot, and 2 carosels its running smooth..I belive im running BD's kernel as well so..my phone likes it.. sounds like a must to get the pro version.

OP
E

EVILOLIVE

Reaction score
Actually, the pro version is freezing a bit too - not in being able to spin the apps, but in that the menu screen won't come up. But, I've found that if that happens, just turning your phone to switch from portrait/landscape makes it pop right up. I really like this app, I just added a "travel" carousal.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
saw this in a video or somplace weeks ago then forgot about it, then wondered what it was part of. Thanks for the name, grabbing it to check it out now.

Played with it for 10-15 minutes. Probably will get the pro version so I can have more than two carousels. Smoked Glass 5.0 with Live Wallpapers Magic Smoke running without a hitch.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been running this a few days now. Very happy I paid for the pro version. I've got a 5 homescreens to play with on my phone and I dedicated one for UltimateFaves because of the space it saves and so the carousel doesn't sit on top of other icons or folders. Actually, the space it takes up is the middle 2 rows of icons so I could add other widgets to the entire top row or bottom row

Real estate for one icon and it gives me access to all of my apps in subgroups. Here's the folders and the apps I put in each for examples:

Systools - root explorer, terminal emulator, wireless tether, quick uninstaller, metamorph, pulldown editor, android vnc, volume control, phone portal, astro, swiFTP

Maps - mapDroyd, google sky map, maps, my maps editor, earth, good food, urbanspoon, nyc bus and subway maps, earthquake, hi-hiker pro,

Music - solo lite, rockout, gstrings, theral dialpad, g-tar free

Media -
pandora, music, btunes, gallery, meridian, youtube,media gallery, shazam, droidLive, aldiko

Games-
throttle copter, wave blaster, tiny little western. raging thunder, snesoid, nesoid, toss it, robo defense, 2 player reactor, trap

Contacts - I've got hundreds of contacts. In this carousel I've got frequently used favorites. Easy to sms, email, or call on the phone.

Running Tasks -
lets you launch, kill, or uninstall the task
running propcesses - lets you kill the process

Settings -
lets you toggle airplane mode, rnger settings, gps, bluetooth, network, wifi

Recent tasks - displays up to 16 recent tasks compared to the 6 you get when you longpress the home button.

Basically, any icon I had in a folder I added to this app and then tossed in some that I already had widgets for too, like YouTube and Pandora.

The only 2 features I'd like to see present, and I'll send an email to the developer requesting those would be:

1) When selecting apps to put into the carousels it would be nice if you could filter the list of available apps. Right now I don't know what order the apps are displayed in but with a lot of apps it is hard to find the ones you want. It would be nice to have them alphabetically listed. Other filtering options might be first-last added or size of app or something but I'd be happy having them just listed alphabetically as they are in my app drawer.

2) Let me change the name of the launching icon and let me create an icon for each carousel. Rather than having the above 8-10 carousels all available through a single icon that launches the app and lets me scroll through them all let me have 8-10 icons on my desktop, each one with the option of launching its own collection of carousels. This way one icon might open just "games" and another one just "maps" so I go directly there. It also would give me the option of clicking the "tools" icon and maybe I had 3 carousels in there "food, maps, systools"

Overall, as I stated at the start of this, 5 stars, good useful app.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ Good review of Ultimate Favs...

Just a suggestion. If the "carousel" display isn't crucial for you, "Folder Organizer" provides the same functionality with a user-selected icon opening a "panel" of associated apps. It has some of the organizing features (such as ordering of the apps in the panel) that Ultimate Favs apparently lacks.

It used to be called ABCorganizer and is available in a free and paid version in the Market. The two are identical except that the free version has ads in the setup screen. (Not in the app itself.)

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be all over it if the carousel was actually on the home screen rather than having to open the app. Otherwise, doesn't do anything for me, doesn't save me any time as my most used are already on the home screens.

It would be a really good tool coded in to a ROM IMHO. Imagine live wallpapers with high def icons on a rotating carousel.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The dev emailed me back already telling me my second suggestion already existed. And I thought this would be way harder than my first suggestion of putting the list of apps in alphabetical order when choosing apps to create a carousel!

The following would create shortcuts for each carousel if I wanted multiple icons on my desktop instead of just one. The gain would be that I wouldn't have to then scroll through the list of carousels to find the one I wanted.

2. You can do it:
a. You can rename each carousel, by going to menu -> Edit carousels -> Rename carousel.
b. Once you've given the carousel its desired name, you can create a shortcut to this carousel directly (with the given name). There are 3(!) different ways to do it:
method 1: Menu -> Edit Carousels -> Create shortcut
method 2: Menu -> Settings -> home screen shortcuts
method 3: (From your home screen): Menu -> Add -> Shortcut -> UltimateFavesPRO -> Select carousel.