Your favorite widgets for Moto Droid:

BakedGoodies

Reaction score
I got my Moto Droid about a week ago and then my boyfriend got the HTC Droid. Well, I'm super jealous of his stock widgets - bookmarks, contacts, messaging. I already got PandaHome to compete with his seven screens but I can't find widgets that do these types of things. I have Live Bookmarks already but it's not exactly what I want. I just end up putting an ugly shortcut to my bookmarks as well.

So I've been hunting this forum for peoples favorite widgets for their home screens. I've already downloaded great apps, but none seem to have such fun, interactive widgets as the stock HTC ones. But I'm also looking for any great recommended widgets.

So, please, please, let me know what are your favorite. And if you don't mind spending an extra minute, explaining briefly what they are?

Thanks in advance!

Shad0w325

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets is one of the best out there for your home screen. Also check out Home++. It would replace PandaHome, but it is much more stable and you can have up to 7 screens.

shademar

Reaction score
A few that I like:

Beautiful widget: Adds a very nice, droid-themed clock/weather widget in a few different fonts and sizes. Very nice animated weather forecasts when you hit the weather icon.

Power control widget: this is the most useful built-in widget, in my opinion. You can control all radios, sync, and brightness from one panel.

Pure Calendar Agenda: Looks great, syncs with google cal and a non-market version of Astrid (a to-do list application). Skinnable.

Home++: home replacement app with 7 screens and a persistent menu; the notification bar can be toggled on and off if you want a clean look.

Home_1262757934570.png

I also use Pure Messenger (which notifies you of gmail, sms, ect, but I haven't really checked out the alternatives. I hear Handcent is really good for texting.) If you want to imitate the flipclock/weather look, check out 'weather widget donate.'

Last edited:

NickWgnr

Reaction score
Handcent, Beautiful Widgets, Pure Calendar, and Home++ are all amazing!

Wagner :motdroidvert:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sportstap and Google News. Also there's a picture frame in the market that changes yur pic for you at intervals from your sd card called Photo Gallery :D and finally More Icons, you can add up to 64 apps to one screen lol

nerdkill

Reaction score
audio manager, my lock ( my new favorite not in market ), s2calendar, weather widgets, quick calendar. there are way better looking ones out there, but these are all free ones. soon i will move to payed i just don't want to love my droid too much all at once.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Lots of my favs have already been mentioned

Another favorite of mine is Battery Widget v1.5.2 Application for Android | Productivity . I like a larger battery measurer (with number), it was one of the first things I searched for. Sure I can glance to see how much battery I have left, but knowing more exact is a bit better than guesstimating. But the beauty to this widget is when you touch it. Touch it and a menu pops up with 4 options, bluetooth (on/off), wifi (on/off), GPS(on/off) and display (takes you to the display settings menu).

Last edited:

jasonb

Reaction score
Beautiful widgets is nice of course, but last night I downloaded the more icons widget app. It allows for more widgets to be placed on the home screens in a much smaller format. I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing. The smaller icons look great and have no text under them. I'm really liking how it transformed my display.

I also have an agenda widget on one my home home screens whwre I keep track of my work schedule.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing.
any chance for a pic of your display to see how it looks? I've been holding off on getting this app for fear that it will just make my screens look cluttered.

Technoman

Reaction score
I got my Moto Droid about a week ago and then my boyfriend got the HTC Droid. Well, I'm super jealous of his stock widgets - bookmarks, contacts, messaging. I already got PandaHome to compete with his seven screens but I can't find widgets that do these types of things. I have Live Bookmarks already but it's not exactly what I want. I just end up putting an ugly shortcut to my bookmarks as well.

So I've been hunting this forum for peoples favorite widgets for their home screens. I've already downloaded great apps, but none seem to have such fun, interactive widgets as the stock HTC ones. But I'm also looking for any great recommended widgets.

So, please, please, let me know what are your favorite. And if you don't mind spending an extra minute, explaining briefly what they are?

Thanks in advance!

Or you could just wait for 2.1 and see what it gives you. Some of what you are asking for will be addressed in the 2.1 update from what I have been seeing posted.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

Or you could just wait for 2.1 and see what it gives you. Some of what you are asking for will be addressed in the 2.1 update from what I have been seeing posted.
yah...then he'll be wishing his phone had 2.1 and he'll envy the Droid! In the meantime, one app I suggest is weather donate.

jasonb

Reaction score
I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing.
any chance for a pic of your display to see how it looks? I've been holding off on getting this app for fear that it will just make my screens look cluttered.

I don't have a way to get a picture of it on here. unless of course there is an app that can take a screen capture. I have a digital camera but no computer.

You of course have 24 hours to decide if you like the app or not. I wasn't sure if I would like it either, and figured id just refund it if I didn't like it. But so far I am really liking it a lot.

Froodychick

Reaction score
So many wonderful ones to choose from. For Widgets I like:
gDialer- provides super fast one touch dialing on my main screen.
Handcent- very fun text messanger widget
Ring Mode Bar Widget- to change to vibrate quickly and easily
Advanced Task Killer- OK this is an app, not a widget, ;) but i think it is the most useful download out there.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
.. I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing. The smaller icons look great and have no text under them. I'm really liking how it transformed my display...

Pix or it didn't happen..