Your favorite widgets for Moto Droid:

jasonb

Reaction score
.. I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing. The smaller icons look great and have no text under them. I'm really liking how it transformed my display...

Pix or it didn't happen..

Why do you say it didn't happen? I simply left every other spot blank and staggered the icons so that there is still a good amount of space between the icons.

I tried Home++ and wasn't happy with it but I liked the bar it put across the bottom. That's where I got the idea. If I could post pics I would do so, but my laptop died a couple weeks ago so I guess I have no way to post pictures of it.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
.. I did a 2 level staggered pattern all across the bottom of my 3 stock home screens. They are a lot smaller but having them staggered looks super neat and leaves plenty of space between them so I have no problems selecting the right thing. The smaller icons look great and have no text under them. I'm really liking how it transformed my display...

Why do you say it didn't happen? I simply left every other spot blank and staggered the icons so that there is still a good amount of space between the icons.

I tried Home++ and wasn't happy with it but I liked the bar it put across the bottom. That's where I got the idea. If I could post pics I would do so, but my laptop died a couple weeks ago so I guess I have no way to post pictures of it.

lol its just an expression.. I just wanted to see a pic. Can you just uplaod one from the Droid?

jasonb

Reaction score

lol its just an expression.. I just wanted to see a pic. Can you just uplaod one from the Droid?

And how do I upload one from my Droid?

SirSyeco

Reaction score
Take a screen cap with Home++ and then upload the pic through the mobile (or regular) version of this site from your droids browser.

OP
B

BakedGoodies

Reaction score
Wow I didn't expect so many replies! I will definitely check ouut all these suggestions

Question: I have PandaHome and I love the sidebars for it. Does Home++ have that?

Thanks everyone!

jasonb

Reaction score
Take a screen cap with Home++ and then upload the pic through the mobile (or regular) version of this site from your droids browser.

I'm not using Home++. I'm using the default home screens.

yamaha83

Reaction score
So many wonderful ones to choose from. For Widgets I like:
gDialer- provides super fast one touch dialing on my main screen.
Handcent- very fun text messanger widget
Ring Mode Bar Widget- to change to vibrate quickly and easily
Advanced Task Killer- OK this is an app, not a widget, ;) but i think it is the most useful download out there.

you do know that task killers are useless for android and can actually slow down your phone right?

yamaha83

Reaction score
Wow I didn't expect so many replies! I will definitely check ouut all these suggestions

Question: I have PandaHome and I love the sidebars for it. Does Home++ have that?

Thanks everyone!

no side docks on home++... but it have dedicated button for the bottom of the screen... its free so worth a try... if you dont like then just delete it and go back to panda!

FRATBoy

Reaction score
So many wonderful ones to choose from. For Widgets I like:
gDialer- provides super fast one touch dialing on my main screen.
Handcent- very fun text messanger widget
Ring Mode Bar Widget- to change to vibrate quickly and easily
Advanced Task Killer- OK this is an app, not a widget, ;) but i think it is the most useful download out there.

you do know that task killers are useless for android and can actually slow down your phone right?

I disagree. I've had Advanced Task Killer for weeks and love it. If I don't manually kill apps, my battery gets to about 30% after a day...if I kill apps, it stays over 90%. So, for me, the task killers are more about increasing battery time than OS productivity and speed.

MarkDF

Reaction score

I disagree. I've had Advanced Task Killer for weeks and love it. If I don't manually kill apps, my battery gets to about 30% after a day...if I kill apps, it stays over 90%.

Just curious, what are the tasks that you kill?

FRATBoy

Reaction score
anything I just opened. I have a few things on the ignore list (gmail, toggle settings, alarm, wheres my droid, messaging).

I've gotten into a routine where if I used the phone for more than messaging or a phone call, I kill everything that was previously opened.

I sit around 54MB free memory at any point during the day and my battery indicator is almost always full.

1 minute timeout on the backlight, brightness settings at max, etc...