Can't install google maps update

BroDaJin

Reaction score
Tried to get google map working and used terminal emulator.... Followed the directions and still doesnt work and no i lost 3g..... Im pretty new about scripts... I typed su on terminal and says permision denied.... is tht normal?

MrC1122

Reaction score
I tried everything in this thread and none of it worked. I upgraded to SS4.2 with stock kernel (1ghzlv7) non-themed version and just about everything works fine, even droid light. The only issue I've encountered so far is google sky map, it downloads the update but won't install.

korp

Reaction score
If you get su denied them you lost root.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
Ok so im frustrated now. I can't seem to St anything to work. I tried typing the commands in terminal emulator. No luck. Only got errors. So I used root explorer to delete the files manually. Then rebooted Nd tried to install maps. No luck again. I also tried p3s update.zip map fix.. still nothing.. I have ultimate droid extreme 1.2.5..

vmann32

Reaction score
Ok so I am having some of the same issues as a few others here.I can not get past mountsys.It says not found.I seen a few different options here but none seem to work.I also see someone mention a file com.google.android.apps.map(close to this =-]). I don't seem to have that file.I have tried a few different ideas anyone have these issues or I am open to divine intervention.lol

Ok I got it.I went back to Kangerade 1.1 and then typed out JRum suggestion of:
su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
sh pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
unmountsys

then go install from the market.Then flash ROM

Last edited:

msu

Reaction score
Ok, got it working. If you want the google maps update do this in terminal

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

Then download the undated maps from the market and your good to go.

Ok, I've tired this many times on a couple versions on Froyo and when I get to 3rd line "aka: rm" I get this
rm:cannot remove system/app/maps.apk:no suck file or directory

Um isn't it installed since it is working? But I can't update? I'm so confused

korp

Reaction score
Ok so I am having some of the same issues as a few others here.I can not get past mountsys.It says not found.I seen a few different options here but none seem to work.I also see someone mention a file com.google.android.apps.map(close to this =-]). I don't seem to have that file.I have tried a few different ideas anyone have these issues or I am open to divine intervention.lol

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

Ok, I've tired this many times on a couple versions on Froyo and when I get to 3rd line "aka: rm" I get this

I had that problem as well. I simply installed the maps.apk, went to manage applications and uninstalled it, then reinstalled from the market .... worked like a charm.

msu

Reaction score

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

I had that problem as well. I simply installed the maps.apk, went to manage applications and uninstalled it, then reinstalled from the market .... worked like a charm.

Thanks
Ok, dumb questions, but where can I get the maps.apk

vmann32

Reaction score
I am not sure if you need it.I don't have it but am running 4.3 maps flawlessly.The file market puts back on is com.google.android.apps.maps-2.apk located in data/apps.I think (and just think or speculate cause I am not certain)maps.apk may be used for theme maybe.I know I don't even see it on my device anywhere.Hope it works for ya.

korp

Reaction score

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
cd system/bin
unmountsys

Thanks
Ok, dumb questions, but where can I get the maps.apk
Here you go ... it is version 4.2 maps.
maps.apk

msu

Reaction score

I tried to re install it,, but
no go, all it wants to do is un install it, so I try and it says unsuccessful:icon_evil:.
can't even find it in manage applications.

I can find it in astro and titanium backup and neither will un install it.