Installation error?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you both want me to clear my market cache on a brand new never before used phone with no market cache whatsoever? I don't understand the logic. What will removing zero cache do? I have never heard of that before. Removing zero to get zero will help my issue? And by the way, the issue has been escalated to Motorola, which escalated it to second tier support, so this issue seems to be more than Verizon can handle, or first tier Motorola support.

So someone offers you help, and you question it with no understanding of the system?

If you've used the app, it has cache -- if the cache is corrupt, then you'll have problems. In this case, the idea of zero anything doesnt make sense.

If that doesnt help, then take the phone into Verizon. SHOW a CSR that somethings wrong.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody is deleting your posts. Please do not make anymore threads on this issue. Just use this one.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you both want me to clear my market cache on a brand new never before used phone with no market cache whatsoever? I don't understand the logic. What will removing zero cache do? I have never heard of that before. Removing zero to get zero will help my issue? And by the way, the issue has been escalated to Motorola, which escalated it to second tier support, so this issue seems to be more than Verizon can handle, or first tier Motorola support.

Yes I would take the advise given to me, new phone or not. It may work, it may not. But it takes all of 20 seconds to do. There is nothing to lose when clearing the cache and or data of the market.

And there are many issues above the heads of some Verizon support members. Some legit and not cause by device owners.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
Ok, I thank you for the advice given to everyone, but I have to say that if I have never used an app, then it wouldn't create any cache. The only thing I have done is download the apps, getting all the apps I used to have, or at least trying to remember which ones I had, since Google sometimes remembers them and most of the time does not... in this case, another Droid Doesn't... I put in my Google address, and when to downloads like I usually do, not one app I installed in the past was in there. I appreciate all the suggestions, but they are just not working. I have deleted cache in the past concerning this issue and it has done nothing. Although it may work for you or for her or for them or whoever, it is not working for me. I will call Motorola tomorrow, and hopefully they will have some insight about their equipment. Verizon couldn't help, and Motorola first tier couldn't help, hopefully second tier will be able to help. If not, then I have no idea what to do next. I am sorry for my frustration in recent posts, but after three Droid X's and two Droid Eris' I have had enough.

jchildress

Reaction score
Just by opening the market once it could create a cache. Did you try unmounting your SD card like I said in the second step of my post? That is the key to the solution.
Also, since I moved to Liberty RoM, I no longer have to do this. Liberty is blurless, so I'm assuming something moto is the cause

Droid X, rooted, Liberty RoM 1.0

OP
D

dyrelogan

Reaction score
I haven't rooted my phone although I want to. However I have seen all different types of websites explaining how to do it and some of them are really technical, like install this, install that, modify that, do this, do that. I want a simple approach. But I will try unmounting the card. And if I clear the cache and go back to the market I will just get cache again. But that approach didn't work for me when I had the last phone. So unmounting the card will be my next step. Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and send a response on how it worked.