Can't install ADW

mikecolorama

Reaction score
i just flashed 2.5.0, P3 kernal, and the zip to enable COMPCACHE. everytime that i try to install ADW, the installation fails.

tjkriegel

Reaction score
I just went through this myself, here's what you gotta do. First install another launcher from the market such as the gingerbread launcher. Next you must uninstall launcher.apk from the system/app folder using a file manager program. Reboot. Now return to the market and you will be able to install the new adw launcher.

T-Dev

Reaction score
Did you reboot after remmoving the launcher.apk from the System/App folder?

motoconvert

Reaction score
No...of course not...lol Always forget that part...

And you even have reboot in the directions...I think I filter that word out subconciously!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

T-Dev

Reaction score
LOL - glad im not the only one who misses that lil instruction. spent many frustrating moments wondering why it didnt work only to find it was ME .

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there are newer ADW out? The reason I ask is because UD uses ADW as the stock launcher...

OP
mikecolorama

mikecolorama

Reaction score
I realized afterstarting this thread that it was the stock launcher. I may not update it because I don't want to deal with FC's. I went through that before and had to leave UD.

c_hale22

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Although now I'm getting tons of FC's

are you getting fc's after the adw update? Have you tried "Fix Permissions"? I would try that and see what happens.

atcjeff

Reaction score
Although now I'm getting tons of FC's

are you getting fc's after the adw update? Have you tried "Fix Permissions"? I would try that and see what happens.

Try going to adw settings>system preferance and un-check the wallpaper hack. Was getting a lot of launcher fc's, removed stock launcher, loaded new ADW and uncheck that box and running smooth now

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i just flashed 2.5.0, P3 kernal, and the zip to enable COMPCACHE. everytime that i try to install ADW, the installation fails.

unless p3 released new kernels his previous kernels do not support compcache. and adw Fc's are bc adw is built into the rom and to update it, it needs to be in /system/app to replace the current launcher.