ADW won't install

ghostmachine418

Reaction score
Hi,
I just installed UD 2.1.0 over top of my 1.0 (went back due to bluetooth issues) and I can't install ADW Launcher. Flashed straight over top of 1.0 and it wouldn't install and didn't show up in Titanium. I restored back to 1.0, made a TB backup of it and uninstalled it. Flashed back to 2.1 and it isn't in TB and market install fails. Help please! ADW is my favorite launcher!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
ADW is built into UD 2.1 - I believe it is the native launcher and referred to as UD Launcher

OP
G

ghostmachine418

Reaction score
Does this mean it will be upgraded with ADW? I also tried uninstalling UD Launcher and installing ADW and it didn't work. I thought it looked similar, but it didn't keep my layout properly and I don't really like the idea of apps I can't get rid of or upgrade...

cockerkingdom

Reaction score
This is a BIG issue that is posted all over, including UD's web site. It appears to be a rom issue, since nothing seems to work in removing and/or updating it.
Got to un-install and downloaded the market updated version. I figured out how to do it useing TBU-Pro. Quick tap on the app. in the list. UD Launcher then appears with 2 other files. Delete all3 then un-install. Reboot. Download new version from market. Remember to have a second launcher installed on your phone before you delete the UD Launcher.

Last edited:
OP
G

ghostmachine418

Reaction score
It's quite annoying. I've got everything working now, and I LOVE everything else about the ROM pretty much. Just this one thing bugs me. So really not that big of a deal then. Just wondering if it was a feature or a bug :)