Can't import video that I took on Droid into my Mac

bobfreakinvilla

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've taken some videos using my Droid and they playback great on the phone. However, when I mount my Droid to my Macbook Pro and my iPhoto opens automatically, I import the videos and they are all messed up. I hear the audio in the background when they are being played on my Quicktime Player, but the video is completely effed.

There is also a notification that shows up on my phone that says "The following file could not be imported (The file is an unrecognized format).

Any one have any suggestions on how I can import the video from Droid onto my Mac that is a recognized format?

Thanks for your help.

musicman

Reaction score
I've had the same trouble. I was told you can use mpegclipstream to convert the format to DV which is what iMovie uses. I haven't tried it, but hope to give it a shot soon. Good luck.

darthkarl

Reaction score
You might want to try using either VisualHub or VideoMonkey to see if you can convert it to ether an MP4 or a H.264 file. The other solution is to just upload the file from the Droid to youtube and then grab that file on your mac.

rp683

Reaction score
I have an iMac running snow leopard and it seems fine. Obv you have to mount the phone, then I opened up FINDER, navigated to DCIM I believe, dragged the movie to my desktop temporarily. Playes with Quicktime, very nice quality indeed.

soyboy

Reaction score
I bluetoothed several videos to my mac with no problems, they play back fine. I do have Snowleopard if that makes a difference. I have also mounted my phone on the mac with no problems and transferred music to the Droid, I have not tried to transfer videos that way, I likely will in the future as bluetooth is slow, but no real problem as I just do it while I am watching TV etc.

thezzachman

Reaction score
Same problem

I've been trying to get some videos on my MacBook for a while now and they are not cooperating with me. I have my Droid X hooked up via USB cable and the phone/Micro SD card are showing up in my Finder, but for some reason my iPhoto is not finding any of my videos or photos. Any advice?