can't get rid of Slacker Radio app ?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ope the Market>>Menu>> My Apps find it in the list and hit unistall....

riko540

Reaction score
If you did the update that Verizon put out a few months ago you won't be able to uninstall it. If that is what you talking about.

sent from my pocket

SwampDog35

Reaction score
I tried to force stop it also... no luck. I think its part of the bloatware embedded on the rom.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It was installed with the last OTA update. You have to root in order to rid yourself of it.

What's the problem with it? Just don't use it? I've found it a superior app to Pandora (and asks for fewer permissions) in almost every regard.

chartle

Reaction score
It was installed with the last OTA update. You have to root in order to rid yourself of it.

What's the problem with it? Just don't use it? I've found it a superior app to Pandora (and asks for fewer permissions) in almost every regard.

I tried slacker and I liked it at first, until....

It would lock after 3 songs every time I tried it. Once when it locked up it restarted back up at 3:0 AM as loud as can be playing some weird Boston track. When I woke up I thought there was some really annoying car alarm going off. I was about to call the police.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That? That's a darn good reason to want rid of it. :D

My problem is the crappy 3G service here and the overzealous RAM Management system in FroYo keep killing it on me.

edstewbob

Reaction score
Slacker always comes up as a running app. Kill it and back in it comes on my RAZR. It is ridiculous. I don't use it. I don't mind bloatware that can't be uninstalled as long as it doesn't run unless I want it to.

MyDog8MyRazr

Reaction score
It's the security, people

I have never used Slacker. SEVERAL times I have noticed it was running, so I killed it. Only to have it start itself up again. Check the permissions it has been granted - it basically has COMPLETE CONTROL over my personal info and the ability to share that with WHOMEVER over the internet. For All I know, it has totally PWNED my Razr for whatever it needed a couple GHz of processor to do. So yeah, I wanted to uninstall it - but Can't. That's why I came to this thread.

In addition to Slacker, there's a couple other goodies I came across when trying to figure out who owns who:

In my downloaded apps, there is MARKET?!!! How might I have downloaded Market? What's up with THAT?

I clicked "Show Hidden Apps" and there was one hidden app: NFL Mobile. Like Slacker, it has more than a page of permissions (really??? It really needs to access my contacts list?). Like slacker, I never used it. It was HIDDEN?!!! And like slacker, it is non-uninstallable.

There are LOTS of apps in the 'market' that have 10,000,000, 100,000,000 downloads. But they ABUSE the permissions. And yet 100,000,000 (could that even be a real number?) people have said YES! to downloading.

I will be storing any photos/videos on my PC and FACTORY RESETTING my Razr Today. I'll let you know if NFL Mobile
is still there.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's Bloatware. You can't uninstall it unless you root your phone...

X

Krennel

Reaction score
Luckily for HTC users rooting is pretty easy with the unlocked bootloader, but the Razr users are pretty much stuck.

Sent from my Voyager using subspace.

ambrown

Reaction score
Slacker, skype, footprints, flickr, my verizon, verizon apps, city id, facbook, peep, Amazon store, Amazon music, quick office, and more that can't think of right now I'm sure. All apps I don't use or want but am stuck with till I make the root jump. All stuff taking up space at a time when I keep getting the "low space" message and have to delete apps I do want and need. Not to mention the updates for all that boat. At least when I get boat with windows they mercifully allow you to delete it all; not so, obviously, with android linked to manufacturers and carriers with their own agendas.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

DiggableDroid

Reaction score
Anyone actually have a educated response to how to remove Slacker Radio from a Droid RAZR?

ambrown

Reaction score
Anyone actually have a educated response to how to remove Slacker Radio from a Droid RAZR?

Well the slacker app is part of the image(or ROM) of the phone. This means that the memory is read only and can't be written over(read deleted). There is a workaround that is basically rooting your phone. Once you root and gain super user access then you can modify the image and delete any of the pre-installed apps that came with the phone. Some people don't want to mess with rooting because you can void your warranty and potentially brick your phone. So if you don't want to root then you're stuck with the app. I'm not sure if the Razr can freeze apps with smart actions or not but that may be a non-root solution.

Update: fixed a typo where "Razr" was replaced by "text" by the auto-correct on my phone.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

DiggableDroid

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the response. I don't mind the other bloatware, but this app keeps running in the background even after I force stop it. It's very annoying. lol