Problems with Slacker Radio?

Dynamikz

Reaction score
Is there anyone else who seems to be having problems with slacker radio. It seems like every now and then I will try to listen to Slacker, but it takes forever for the main menu to load up, and I am constantly bugged by unresponsive force closes of the app. Wondering if anyone else is noticing these issues or if it's just me.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've never used the app I use pandora myself but if I were u I would just try an older version of the app u can definately find previous versions online with a google search

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

georgek

Reaction score
Are you using the one from the market or the one that comes installed with the phone? I'm using the one that came with the phone and sometimes it gets stuck on the loading screen but never loads. I restart the phone and then it works. Haven't had any forced closes though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I prefer Slacker over Pandora myself. Better song selection. I had about an hours worth of Slacker playing today in the car, and not one skip or hiccup. I uninstalled the stock Slacker and I am using a DroidDOES themed Slacker and it works very well.

genebopp

Reaction score
I use the one that came with the phone and have the same issues.

OP
D

Dynamikz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using the one that came pre-installed on the phone. Well, I guess it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is having problems lol.

georgek

Reaction score
It seems like when I go from 4g to 3g that's when I have problems with Slacker. I restart the phone and it works again. Anyone else notice this?

robrecht

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm using the one that came pre-installed on the phone. Well, I guess it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who is having problems lol.
Mine worked fine until I let the Android Marketplace run an update. About the same time that the Slacker server was down for a couple days. After that, I had to uninstall the update, erase all data, the cache, reset the account, etc, until I was totally back to stock, resync my cached stations, etc, and it works fine again. But, after using it for a month, I don't really like it that much and will be trying other options.

Reaction score
It seems like when I go from 4g to 3g that's when I have problems with Slacker. I restart the phone and it works again. Anyone else notice this?

I have similar problems even when on Wi-Fi or 4g. It always takes longer than it should to load and sometimes when I am browsing channels it will freeze or get very laggy. Once I'm listening to a channel it works great though.