can't get my Yahoo account working; can't remove notification sound/buzz

ebpayne

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 for about a year. I can't get it to accept my yahoo email account login for anything. I've had a couple of password changes over the last year and try my droid account creation again, but no luck. Is there a bug I just can't find a reference to in all the forums?

Second problem- I've turned off every notification I can find, but it's still vibrating/ringtoning - I think for emails, even though my Yahoo account won't load. It's very very very annoying and I want it to stop, but I can't find a setting that isn't already turned off. Any ideas what's going on? If this thing could reboot I would.

thanks for any help you can offer -

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! Sorry to hear you are having issues.

I do not know about the yahoo problem since I do not have an account. Are you trying a dedicated yahoo app? And also what email are you using that is buzzing on you?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yahoo has a dedicated email app, have you tried it?
If your phone is ringing/vibrating for emails then your notification bar should tell you. What apps did you try to login with your Yahoo email account with?

OP
E

ebpayne

Reaction score
I've been using the account sign-up that came with my Droid2 to try to access Yahoo. I'll look for the dedicated app in the Apps Market. My employer now pays for my cell so I'm not sure how purchasing apps works now.

I have no idea what's making my phone buzz. As far as I can tell, I've turned off all notifications - certainly all the ones I can find. I have several email accounts, on Yahoo!, gmail, and from work, in addition to FB, LinkedIn, and Twitter in my messaging app. There's also a universal inbox that came installed which I never use. There's got to be a notification setting somewhere I haven't found yet, but I've hit all the high-level ones that I would think take precedence. Apparently not...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been using the account sign-up that came with my Droid2 to try to access Yahoo. I'll look for the dedicated app in the Apps Market. My employer now pays for my cell so I'm not sure how purchasing apps works now.

Welcome to the forums:) There is an app in the market called "Yahoo Mail" and you won't have to worry about purchasing it, it's free. Anyway, even with paid apps, you can use your credit card so you wouldn't have to worry about charging it to your employer's account.

sent from my liberated bionic running transparent Droid forums

OP
E

ebpayne

Reaction score
I got the Yahoo app working, my thanks to you all. It's not in the convenient messaging app - oh well. Now, if I can just identify that pesky notification I haven't found yet...then I can judiciously start turning the useful ones back on.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Curious whether you have solved the notification problem yet. dancedroid