yahoo news notification

Abby Normal

Reaction score
I have recently started to get yahoo news notifications.

I can't seem to find where to turn these off. Does anyone know how to turn these annoying things off ?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Which Yahoo apps do you have installed?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hmmmm...strange. I have used the Yahoo Mail app on every Droid phone myself and my wife have owned and never had Yahoo News notifications before.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I forgot to mention though....I have not updated the Yahoo Mail app in over a year. The big update in early 2013 broke the app badly in my opinion. I have the version I liked saved as a .apk file and install that on new phones. Maybe there was a recent app update that added news feeds? What options are in the app settings / menu for News?

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
Google news was the only one with notifications checked. I was forced into the new yahoo mail . It wouldn't let me into mail unless I update. That was quite some time ago. There isn't anything about the new mail I like but I have quite a lot of time and people in it. For some reason most of the apps update automatically since I got this phone

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If you open Play Store > Menu > Settings there is the option for Auto Update Apps. I always see it to Do Not. Then I read what the update is / does and decide if I want to update each app. Just my personal preference.

OP
Abby Normal

Abby Normal

Reaction score
The only notifications I see are updates to games or applications I have downloaded.
And I do not have the auto update checked. Very weird...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have Yahoo Mail version 2.6.4 installed. The last good version in my opinion. If you want to replace the app version you have now with 2.6.4, send me a PM

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here is part of the app update notes for version 4.8. This could be why you are seeing news notifications.
e73cafcdc38aa6ff02fa39641d40ef8d.jpg

doogald

Reaction score
Open the Yahoo mail app. Open the sidebar (tap the three line thing at the top left), tap "mail settings" - scroll down and you'll see "news notification settings".

Man, what a crap app... no wonder Yahoo lost/is losing to Google.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Open the Yahoo mail app. Open the sidebar (tap the three line thing at the top left), tap "mail settings" - scroll down and you'll see "news notification settings".

Man, what a crap app... no wonder Yahoo lost/is losing to Google.
That's why I stick with the version I do.....before it went down hill. Wife & I both use the same version and ignore updates.