Can't get into recovery

DroidFan88

Reaction score
When I try and get into recovery (power + X key) I end up getting the triangle with the yellow ! but no recovery. What the heck happened and how can I get recovery on my phone again so I can root it again.

Yesterday, I was updating to 2.2 using the FRG01B .sbf file that is posted on the site and I would get the FRG22B OTA update shortly thereafter, so I figured I was all set to root. When I tried to get into recovery, I got the triangle with the yellow ! and don't know how that happened. I've re-flashed using RSD Lite several times even going back to using the 2.0.1 .sbf file to see if it was the file but I still can't get into recovery. Any ideas on what happened and how I can get recovery back?

Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that is recovery but stock recovery. are you trying to root via link 3 in my sig?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Like abe said that is the stock recovery. You need to use the link he said to root safely

OP
D

DroidFan88

Reaction score
That's what I want to do but how do I get there if I can't get into recovery to do the update.zip to install root?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I want to do but how do I get there if I can't get into recovery to do the update.zip to install root?

If you follow the steps, before you get to flashing the update.zip you will be installing a custom recovery. Read :)

OP
D

DroidFan88

Reaction score
It's amazing how dumb I am.... I have done this whole process so many times that I forgot one of the steps and didn't realize it until I re-read it.

Thanks for all your help.