Can't get into reboot recovery on Dark Slide.

tracker1502

Reaction score
I'm trying to reinstall my black market on my DX but every time I try to get into clockwork to install anything, my phone automatically reboots and won't open reboot recovery.

Any suggestions?

joezek

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps you or not, since I'm not by any means an expert...

On mine, I had to purchase and install the Droid X Bootstrap, then I was able to boot into recovery and I installed Darkslide. Right after that when the phone was all set up again, I realized that I had NONE of my original apps. I had to reinstall all of them, including the Droid X Bootstrap app. When I looked on Market it showed that I had paid for the boostrap app, and gave the option to install again. After I reinstalled Bootstrap I was able to run Bootstrap Recovery and then Reboot Recovery. It's only after that, that I'm able to run updates like the new keyboard, market etc.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to reinstall my black market on my DX but every time I try to get into clockwork to install anything, my phone automatically reboots and won't open reboot recovery.

Any suggestions?

Did you run bootstrap recovery and when it says "success" you hit ok? Then reboot recovery. Or does out go into Clockwork menu screen and just reboot you? Never seen that.

Because if you wiped system/data to install the ROM you will have to let Bootstrap recovery run again. By hitting top button, letting it say "success" and then hitting "ok." Then you run Bootstrap again by hitting "reboot recovery."

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\