Can't get Exchange to sync but is this possible?

s-one

Reaction score
I've tried to get Exchange 2003 to sync with my Droid and to no avail. I've tried the Droids native Exchange Client and Touchdown. (long story) Anyhow, for now I'll just have to settle with an IMAP connection for incoming and SMTP for my outgoing. Other than a 5 min delay for incoming (not PUSH) it works. With that, is it possible to somehow sync my Exchange calendar through IMAP with Google's Calendar so I can see just one calendar on my Droid?

Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

s-one

blueline

Reaction score
Having same problem...also Touchdown will not push mail(have full version)
This sucks :mad:

Tekmazter

Reaction score
I have mine working with E2K3. I had to turn off FBA (Forms based authentication). I'm also using a front end, back end architecture ...

Do you know how your environment is setup? Is there someone you can ask about FBA?

OP
s-one

s-one

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the posts.. I'm not sure exactly what's going on with our Exchange 2003 and my Droid but I can show you my IIS logs as to what's happening. I do have full access to the Exchange Server but I would be very cautious about changing anything. Anyhow, its a stand alone server behind a firewall with port 443 accessible for outlook web access. (owa) From the below logs it looks as if the login is ok but when it syncs it gets an error.

Thanks again for the assistance.

IIS Logs

This is the username and password login via SSL (443). The 200 indicates success.

2009-11-11 03:59:44 IPXXX OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync Cmd=OPTIONS&User=MYUSERNAMEXXX&DeviceId=droid123456&DeviceType=Android&Log=TESDRDLT:654321:654321 443 MYUSERNAMEXXX IPXXX Android/0.3 200 0 0

Then the client attempts to sync the folders on the Exchange server and gets an Authentication Error (500).

2009-11-11 03:59:44 IPXXX POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync Cmd=FolderSync&User=MYUSERNAMEXXX&DeviceId=droid123456&DeviceType=Android&Log=TESDRDLT:654321:654321 443 MYUSERNAMEXXX IPXXX Android/0.3 500 0 0

At the same time the http server throws this Bad Request Error (400). Notice the “iphone/MYUSERNAMEXXX…”

2009-11-11 03:59:44 IPXXX 12345 IPXXX 80 HTTP/1.1 PROPFIND /iphone/[email protected]/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/Android/droid123456 400 - Hostname -

------------------

Event Viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Server ActiveSync
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3005
Date: 11/10/2009
Time: 7:59:44 PM
User: DOMAIN\MYUSERNAMEXXX
Computer: MAILSERVER
Description:

Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [MAIL.DOMAIN.COM] User: [[email protected]] HTTP status code: [400]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

sguzman7

Reaction score
Exchange Features needed

There is one more thing you need to enable in the user's exchange account features. The two features that must be enabled are "User Initiated Synchorniation" and "Up-to-date Notification". These features can be found in Active Directory. You need to logon to the Exchange server, open an MMC to AD users and Computers and then Endable these features. Once you do it the rest is history.