can't find any kernal that works and allows overclocking with CM6

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
ok so if i don't click clear the cache when i shut down and boot into the clockwork ROM loader i get 7 messages in a row about unable to locate some file on the E:/ drive and it counts down from 20ms to 13ms then it loads the ROM menu, and it fails to autoload the kernel flasher ROM....and I have to go find it manually and select it...if I do select clear cache I don't get the 7 messages in a row it loads something and finds the kernel loader right away, and flashes it no prob, but when i start the phone it goes to the Google droid tutorial and all my apps and my account info and everything is reset to stock CM6......so moral of the story is don't clear the cache....

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I do recall saying I've never cleared it, so you shouldn't have to :p but at least you know now. Only time you need to clear data/ cache is between ROM installs.

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz

UNC

Reaction score
ok so if i don't click clear the cache when i shut down and boot into the clockwork ROM loader i get 7 messages in a row about unable to locate some file on the E:/ drive and it counts down from 20ms to 13ms then it loads the ROM menu, and it fails to autoload the kernel flasher ROM....and I have to go find it manually and select it...if I do select clear cache I don't get the 7 messages in a row it loads something and finds the kernel loader right away, and flashes it no prob, but when i start the phone it goes to the Google droid tutorial and all my apps and my account info and everything is reset to stock CM6......so moral of the story is don't clear the cache....

No, you don't need to wipe when installing a Kernel.

You'll learn quick about when to wipe... Usually updating a ROM to a newer version and flashing kernels do not require a wipe.

OP
S

smokecrops

Reaction score
so whats with the "waiting to mount" "no such directory" E:/dev/block/mmcblk0 message i get over and over again, and then it fails to load the kernel ROM flasher?

Last edited:

UNC

Reaction score
so whats with the "waiting to mount" "no such directory" E:/dev/block/mmcblk0 message i get over and over again, and then it fails to load the kernel ROM flasher?

Never had that issue. But I don't install my Kernels thru Rom Manager. I just DL the kernel, then reboot into recovery and install the .zip.

jerroedr

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

i know its a lot of info but its a must read for people new to rooting and overclocking. skulls the man about this overclocking and will answer any question you have!

just try to look for an answer before you ask the question. some people get a little testy and will send a "its been in this post 20 times before" reply. jerks...

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
anyone know about clearing the cache prior to flashing the kernel? yay or nay?
You don't have to but clearing the data cache every couple of weeks is a good idea anyway. Keeps the phone running lean and mean. Cleaing Dalvik cache every 2-3 week is a good idea as well.

What recovery are you running that you're getting that error?