Can't download apps.

tayluuraaaa

Reaction score
I searched for a thread to help me here, but I can't find one. I just got this HTC Incredible from a friend after my phone broke. I restored it to factory defaults and activated it on my plan. It says its connected to 3G and my Wi-Fi. But when I try to download an app from the market, there's always a notification that says "Download was unsuccessful". I cleared my cache. I read somewhere that it'd work if I signed in to google talk. But when I click that, all I get is a gear and it saus "Signing in" but then about 5 minutes later it says Could not connect to Google Talk. What am I doing wrong here?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Go into your settings and make sure that download on wifi only isn't selected.. Idk if that's an option with htc.. But you can look...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try rebooting your phone... N less it's a DNA, try a battery pull.. Put the battery back in, power on, then try again.

OP
T

tayluuraaaa

Reaction score
There's no option for that under settings. Any other ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Which settings have you checked?? This would probably be under data use or on the play store.. Sorry.. I'm not familiar with touch from htc.. Someone who is will respond... Sorry I can't help more...

OP
T

tayluuraaaa

Reaction score
Try rebooting your phone... N less it's a DNA, try a battery pull.. Put the battery back in, power on, then try again.

I'm trying that now, It didn't work. When I try to download an app, it says "Your item will be downloaded" and then it returns me to the list of apps in the market. Then about a minute later, the warning symbol appears in the notifications bar and says it was unsuccessful.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
O.. You cleared your cache... Go back and clear data, force close and then open up the play store again..

So go into manage apps, all, Google play store. Clear cache, clear data, force close... Then click back into the play store and try again..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well I hope that helped...

OP
T

tayluuraaaa

Reaction score
O.. You cleared your cache... Go back and clear data, force close and then open up the play store again..

So go into manage apps, all, Google play store. Clear cache, clear data, force close... Then click back into the play store and try again..

I do not have the Google Play Store app. I can't download it from the market.

OP
T

tayluuraaaa

Reaction score
Does anyone else have any ideas? This is a used phone my friend gave me to use until I can get a new one. The only things that work are messaging and phone
calls. The internet and the app store do not work. However it does say that I am connected to 3G or when I connect to my WiFi, it works. I've got all four bars. I don't know what else it could be?

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
Download the playstore apk to a computer and transfer to your phone and side load it.