can't download a pic/mms text

jillian

Reaction score
So when I get a forwarded pic text, I can't download it to my motorola droid. (the original first droid) I press "download" and it used to just hang at "download" and not do anything, but now I get this message that says "downloaded message .... was unsuccessful."

I use handcent and just downloaded the app "save mms" and I still can't figure it out!

anyone know how to solve this? does it have anything to do with my sd card? i shut off the phone and tried it again, and it still doesn't work :(

OP
J

jillian

Reaction score
and another problem: i cant receive a forwarded pic message from my mom's phone. she has a flashed lg dare. she flashed it from verizon to cricket network. my droid is also flashed to cricket. i don't even receive the forwarded pic message at all, but i tried sending it from her phone to mine. got nothing. but i at least receive a forwarded pic message from my friend who has boost mobile, i think. I just can't download/save his pics he sends. what is going on?

OP
J

jillian

Reaction score
a solution

okay, so I've discovered that i'm able to view my friend's mms message to me after I deleted several message threads. My inbox was overstuffed i guess. I still dont understand though why i dont receive ANYTHING from my mom's phone when she tries to forward me a pic message. hmmm

well, only one problem left to solve.

Schlitzy

Reaction score
I've come across this as well... Anyone else, any thoughts? Just hangs when downloading.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have had this happen to me as well. The fix is a funny one. Ask the person who is sending you pics to simply write something in the message with the picture. Then when you receive the text the picture will open up no problem. I don't know why this is but that is what fixed my pictures from not opening up.

OP
J

jillian

Reaction score
trial and error

I have had this happen to me as well. The fix is a funny one. Ask the person who is sending you pics to simply write something in the message with the picture. Then when you receive the text the picture will open up no problem. I don't know why this is but that is what fixed my pictures from not opening up.

Thanks for this tip. It seems like lots of trial and error before a solution is reached. I got a fwd mms text last night, and after tapping download several times, I finally got a message saying that the download was unsuccessful. so, i just turned off the phone and when i turned it on again I got the pic.

Also, if you're having trouble forwarding a mms text to someone, it's best to take out the hyphens (-) of the contact's phone number that you're sending to. so in the "to" area a number should be: 5557772222..no spaces or hyphens.