Can't download anything

yellowcurtains

Reaction score
Hi There,

I've had a droid razr for several months now and LOVE it! However, it broke a few days ago (dropped and cracked open) and my replacement came today, I started trying to replace the apps that I previously had downloaded and nothing will work! My google account is set up, but it won't download without being connected to wifi. My old Droid Razr had no probems downloading anything without Wifi, even memory heavy apps. Also, I can't seem to find any setting that will allow me to bypass "download when connected to Wifi only" Also, when I am connected to Wifi it won't download, or is redicuously slow, my old phone never had these issues, please help! It is version 4.0.4 and the System version is 6.16.211.XT912 if that helps...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums :)

Go into options, system settings, data, is mobile data enabled at the top of the screen?

OP
Y

yellowcurtains

Reaction score
still not working...

Hi there, thanks for your help, unfortunately I can't even get to that screen... Under settings my ony options are turn wifi on or off, data usage with don't have any options, etc... the only thing I can do it click a button that says "data enabled" which says " Enable data access over mobile network" however clicking that on and off doesn't seem to make a difference... my old phone was version 2.3.6 and I could do all of those things, but this one just isn't letting me :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK in system settings, tap data, then check for mobile data on. Also in the system settings tap the more option. When you tap on it does it show mobile data enabled?

Also go into your app tray, widgets, look for the power control widget. Long press it and drag and drop it somewhere on your screen. Turn off your Wi-Fi by tapping the Wi-Fi emblem, then make sure that data sync is on.. the circular arrows.

Also.. in settings, they don't have options until you tap on them.

Last edited: