mindofender

Reaction score
Information first.

Windows 7
Droid RAZR
System Version 6.16.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US
Android Version 4.0.4
Not rooted
Downloaded Motorola Manager from the official site to manage the drivers.

So the issue I am having is that I am not getting a data connection with my laptop. I never had an issue before, until I got a new phone because the other was having issues updating to the ICS. When I have the phone plugged into the cord and I plug
the USB into the port, nothing happens at all. The phone doesn't even start charging until I unplug the cord on the phone side and plug it back in. Then the phone will start charging, but Windows will say it's unplugged and not installed successfully. I do
not have a drop-down USB menu, and nothing else happens. I took it into the Verizon store and they said all of their data cables worked just fine.. so I bought a new one and it still is not working.

OP
M

mindofender

Reaction score
Different ports on the computer, and also two other computers, including a Mac.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
mindofender said:
Different ports on the computer, and also two other computers, including a Mac.

I kind of gave up because the computer update and the phone updates never seemed to jive. I haven't done the updates on my computer just because of this.

telormatasapi

Reaction score
Hi mindofender,

did you manage to solve the problem?
I kind of having the same issue as you described. Took it to moto service centre, they said nothing wrong, and gave me new cable but when I tried on my PC, Mac or whatever, it just doesn't work