Can't delete some APPs

droidborg

Reaction score
I was trying to find an app that would enable a notification tone if I missed a call or text to go along with the LED.

Someone suggested "Missed Call". I dled it and tried it but it didn't do anything that I could see other than show a purple light that it was running. I tried to delete it by dragging the icon in apps to the trash can but it won't go away. I also tried to delete NFS Shift to to avail. I was able to get rid of a ring tones APP by dragging the icon to the trashcan so it's not everything.

Any ideas how to deal with this issue? Another way to delete apps? I'm not rooted.

I went to the missed call guys website but there was no help there.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you cant go to your market downloads and do it from there?

OP
droidborg

droidborg

Reaction score
I didn't know about that. Yes it worked and I installed an unistaller app and got rid of NFS. Thanks for the heads up.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well i was just saying you can uninstall apps using the market or in settings>applications.

you dont need a separate app to do something the system already does

OP
droidborg

droidborg

Reaction score
Ok but as far as I can tell the only application available to delete in either the market>downloads or settings>applications are the ones that I downloaded to the phone. If they were already there when I brought it home, like NFS, they were not on the list. Maybe there is another way to them but the app delete app I have lists all on the phone in one click and another to get rid of them. I'm not in favor of having redundant software but so far I don't know another way.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can delete stock apps once you root.