Trouble deleting apps

tlutzy

Reaction score
Gang,

I have tried to delete two different apps several times by dragging each application icon to the trash can at the bottom of the screen. It seems to work but then the apps appear again in the main menu. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Tom

warrior21

Reaction score
Dragging them into the can puts them back into the app drawer. If you hold it for a couple of seconds above the trash can it will say drop to uninstall.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
That doesn't "uninstall" apps, that just removes them from the home screens leaving them in the app drawer.

To uninstall, go to the main menu, settings, applications and find the app you want to uninstall and click it...it will open up giving you the option to uninstall it.

Some apps (system apps) can NOT be uninstalled this way and will require root to remove them.

Some replacement launchers (like Launcher Pro) will allow you to drag an icon from the home screen to the trashcan...and if held there long enough will pop up an "uninstall app" choice....but the stock launcher doesn't do this.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Settings> Applications> Manage applications> All tab

Scroll to find the app you want, tap it, and then select uninstall. Or, if it's been installed from the market, you can uninstall it from there.

Market> Menu softkey> Downloads

Scroll till you find it, tap it, click uninstall, and then pick the option of why you're uninstalling it.

SGTiger

Reaction score
If you hold it for a couple of seconds above the trash can it will say drop to uninstall.

I did not know that. Thought you could only delete the shortcut from the home screen using the trash can.

SGTiger

Reaction score
If you hold it for a couple of seconds above the trash can it will say drop to uninstall.

I did not know that. Thought you could only delete the shortcut from the home screen using the trash can.

I get that option too, but always assumed it was part of LauncherPro and not available stock.

Yeah I use LauncherPro too. Just tried it on the stock launcher and don't get that option.