Can't Delete Messages :/

TruckerLowGear

Reaction score
I haven't deleted messages once since owning my phone and I need to delete them. I was trying to just delete all but it freezes up my phone anytime I try to delete them. I've also tried deleting one thread at a time and it still freezes it. Help :)

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a google search for:

how to delete sms from eris

and found this:

I have the problem solved! On the main menu hit the menu button - Setting.Then click the "Sound and Display", scroll down to your display settings, and click Screen timeout and change it to "Never Timeout". After this setting you can delete long threads with no problem. The problem happens because while deleting a long thread (thus taking a long time) your phone (computer) wants to preform another action, such as the screen brightness changing, and that is what makes the phone freeze. After changing this setting just delete your messages with no problem. For me a 50 message txt took 30 seconds, and a 1000 message txt (with media) took 10 mins.

Friendly tip: try searching for your answer first

Droid_Eris

Reaction score
Make sure your screen never times out. Then delete the messages. You will probably have to leave it alone for a while, if there are A LOT of messages. That's what I had to do since I had about 3,356 text messages. -_-" I had to leave it alone overnight, so I think that's what you need to try too. :)