GRRRRR Cant Delete Text Messages, and freezing

Paintballer

Reaction score
I don't understand why people feel the need to store thousands of texts per thread.... with a limit set at 200 and set to auto delete from there, I never have problems deleting threads, and always still have enough older texts to reference back to for most situations. If you really feel you need to keep every text you get (I can't imagine why) there are apps on the market that allow you to back up your texts to your SD card. So you can set your limit at 200 or 300 or so, and just once a week back up your texts and you'll save everything, but remedy the problem of not being able to get rid of threads when you want to.

Is there an option to set a text limit in the phone? Or do you mean set a limit like for yourself to remember?

xXMister OwlXx

Reaction score
well my problem only started the day of the Update on may 15th 2010 after the update i couldnt delete my messages which was the biggest fail ive had with this phone yet honestly everything else i love about it. (droid eris)

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
well my problem only started the day of the Update on may 15th 2010 after the update i couldnt delete my messages which was the biggest fail ive had with this phone yet honestly everything else i love about it. (droid eris)

Hmm. I was hoping the update would have resolved this issue.

I have never hit it as I delete my messages regularly......

xXMister OwlXx

Reaction score
Hmm. I was hoping the update would have resolved this issue.

I have never hit it as I delete my messages regularly......
Well then again im not sure if its that i hit the 400 marker After the update you know? im not saying it was neccesarily the update. i truly love this phone and this is the first problem ive had with it so im more than willing to be patient. (please excuse and faux pas made in this post im Very tired at the moment.)

droidlover234

Reaction score
Solution

Set your backlight to a long time period (Ten minutes) and try to delete your messages. The phone tries to sleep when you delete your messages, and it makes the phone freeze. If the backlight timer stays on longer it shouldn't freeze. Try plugging your phone in at night and deleting, if you have really large threads, because the backlight will stay on. :)

froukje

Reaction score
I am trying the quick delete app right now and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't....very frustrating.....

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
It is ridiculous that people have 400-5,000 messages IN ONE THREAD ! Come on guys seriously ? So you mean to tell me that out of 24 hours in the day, you don't have the time to delete some messages ? Stop the bs. It's all about taking care of your phone, I delete threads when they get to about 90 ! I'm in the Army so I really don't have much time off except the weekends and when it's the weekend I don't want to be sitting on my phone all day deleting messages. Delete them when they're low and you won't have a problem. I've had my Eris since it first came out and never have had my phone freeze randomly (which obviously dude if it's doing it with a brand new phone you got from verizon, its from something YOU are putting on the phone or a virus on YOUR memory card) or freeze when deleting texts. Take care of your phone and it will take care of you.
:droideris:

froukje

Reaction score
the reason I save text messages is because they are from my kids who I don't get to see very often....so for me it helps to save them and look at them when I am missing them....doesn't have anything to do with taking care of my phone...as to do with taking care of my sanity.....:heart:

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is an app called SMS backup that stores your texts to your gmail account. This way, you just open your gmail, go to the folder "SMS" and they are there! Keeps phone clean, and you memories online! Set it to auto backup....."Set it and forget it" applies here!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk