cant boot to recovery

vmann32

Reaction score
Ok so I have a moto droid and have 2.2 with kangorade(jrummy) p3 droid 1200 kernel.I wanted to flash ROM to a different color so used the customizer and downloaded all files and since it was just color difference I did not wipe.So it don't appy the new Rom.So I tried another and nothing.Finally I was gonna flash back to 2.1 nadroid backup but no it wont.I was in ROM manager on manage backups cant appy any it just acts like it is going to then just reboots right back to 2.2.I try to enter recovery and it hangs then reboots itself back into the 2.2.Now I fix permissions and tried another ROM.Seems like I can not get rid of 2.2 or use and nandroid backups.Anyone else?=/

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While in Rom Manager reflash Clockwork (assuming that is the recovery program you've been using) and all should be well. If you want to be real sure, flash the Alternate Recovery (SpRecovery) and then reflash Clockwork. If you are applying a theme, you do not wipe first.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Currently, Rom Manager is having several issues. If possible, switch to SPRecovery. If your case, however, switching may not be the answer because a backup made with RM will not restore with SPR. If you can't resolve go here
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/38233-real-time-irc-support-click-here.html The IRC will allow you to chat with Koush and his team.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Yeah a lot of problems with CWmod but flashing alternate and then back to clockwork fixes the no recovery problem. Also you can flash an older clockwork mod which fixes it too.

Sent from my Droid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are correct, J! Since RM premium is a paid app, it is frustrating having these issues.

Mike

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
You are correct, J! Since RM premium is a paid app, it is frustrating having these issues.

Mike
Yeah I know... every time I don't have a recovery after updating clockwork mod I get real annoyed. So until I don't hear about this issue I most likely will keep an older version flashed on my phone.

Sent from my Droid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Smart! I'm not installing any new updates until this app is stable! I've given serious consideration to removing RM. My opinion, it isn't worth the money. SPR has never caused this much mayhem for the community.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smart! I'm not installing any new updates until this app is stable! I've given serious consideration to removing RM. My opinion, it isn't worth the money. SPR has never caused this much mayhem for the community.

I totally agree! I only use it now to reboot into recovery!! :) SPR has never let me down and RM/Clockwork has failed me and others over and over.