Appy using Scripts?

jbrock98

Reaction score
i'm running the jrummy remix v7 cyanmod red theme and i flashed it using rom manager and after i went back into rom manager and downloaded the jrummy goodies and it says appy the extras using scripts, what does that mean and how do i do it?

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
and after i downloaded the goodies it asked if i wanted to wipe data and cache and backup, should i wipe?

SlateJones

Reaction score
and after i downloaded the goodies it asked if i wanted to wipe data and cache and backup, should i wipe?

Nope. Dont wipe when installing the goodies.
The extras can all be installed using the scripts listed on the rom download page in this forum. Just open terminal emulator, type su and hit enter, then type the script you want to run and hit enter.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Nope. Dont wipe when installing the goodies.
The extras can all be installed using the scripts listed on the rom download page in this forum. Just open terminal emulator, type su and hit enter, then type the script you want to run and hit enter.

I'm using rom manager to download the goodies, does the same process work? And if I wanna use more than one script do I type them all in and hit enter or do I enter them one at a time hit enter then exit terminal emulator then open it back up and add the other script?

SlateJones

Reaction score
yeah, it all works the same. Downloading the goodies with rom manager places the goodies folder on your sd card just as if you do it manually.
With terminal emulator you just type su and hit enter. then type the script you want and hit enter. If you want to use more scripts just type them in one at a time followed by the enter key. The scripts are applied when you press enter and a message should pop up in terminal stating as much. You do not need to close terminal to type aditional scripts.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
yeah, it all works the same. Downloading the goodies with rom manager places the goodies folder on your sd card just as if you do it manually.
With terminal emulator you just type su and hit enter. then type the script you want and hit enter. If you want to use more scripts just type them in one at a time followed by the enter key. The scripts are applied when you press enter and a message should pop up in terminal stating as much. You do not need to close terminal to type aditional scripts.

OK I found it on my sdcard and there's other folders in the goodies other than scripts, but under the scripts folder it has addhandcent, lwpcyanmodblue, is that wat I type in Terminal emu to add those? Or is there something else to type?

SlateJones

Reaction score
Go here.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jr...mix-v0-7-cyanmod-5-0-6-2-5-theme-choices.html

there is a list of scripts you can run from terminal on the rom download page. and yes you just type the script as is... if you want to add the 3d music app you type in terminal add3dmusic and hit enter. Dont forget that you have to type su and hit enter before you try to apply scripts, if you dont the script will fail.

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
Most the scripts ain't working, I added the 3d music app and now I'm scripting the wallpapers and most don't work, I do the same thing each time, type su hit enter then type in a script sometimes when I put in a wallpaper my phone reboots sometimes not either way most ain't working

vmann32

Reaction score
It seems when using LWP and the applying a new LWP, it reboots.Try a regular wallpaper while you add the LWP script.Then it should work fine.Hope it helps