cant activate?

sportadic22

Reaction score
sooo i was having some FC on many different things. so i just decided to do a sprecovery wipe...and cache wipe.. did that. and then installed SS3.0 rom ...2.1 update1.....baseband .03p

i dialed *228 to activate... a screen comes up that says - please wait while your phone is being programmed... has only a speaker button..and back button.
i listen to the girl and it says press 1...blah blah..press 2..blah blah
but i have no options to choose numbers. so it just keeps saying it over and over untill it says problem with activation - your phone did not activate. you may need to find an area with better coverage or try again or call customer service.
its showing full bars..
soo i went into accounts and added my Google account. it sync i think..my contacts are there and i made a call to my house.
but i still cant do *228

what can i do???????

sooo i was having some FC on many different things. so i just decided to do a sprecovery wipe...and cache wipe.. did that. and then installed SS3.0 rom ...2.1 update1.....baseband .03p

i dialed *228 to activate... a screen comes up that says - please wait while your phone is being programmed... has only a speaker button..and back button.
i listen to the girl and it says press 1...blah blah..press 2..blah blah
but i have no options to choose numbers. so it just keeps saying it over and over untill it says problem with activation - your phone did not activate. you may need to find an area with better coverage or try again or call customer service.
its showing full bars..
soo i went into accounts and added my Google account. it sync i think..my contacts are there and i made a call to my house.
but i still cant do *228

what can i do???????

Well did the call go through too your house? If it did then you don't need to activate it.

my house phone rang... i hung up after i heard the first ring.
but how am i so-pose to update roaming and stuff.. idk its just weird

... when i was sprecovery and loaded the rom...when my phone booted it didn't do any activation then either. it just went to my homepage.

okay dial *228 and when it asks for number 1 and number 2 blah blah blah just open the full keyboard and hit "ALT" #1 and then do the same for #2.

another thing to skip having to activate is you can dial *22899

i hope this helps you out

okay dial *228 and when it asks for number 1 and number 2 blah blah blah just open the full keyboard and hit "ALT" #1 and then do the same for #2.

another thing to skip having to activate is you can dial *22899

i hope this helps you out

ThanksSsssSss i did the alt 1...alt 2.. they both worked... alt1 it programed..then it said its complete..please allow 15 minutes blah blah.

except when i went back and dialed 228 again..it does show a normal call or allow me to do numbers..goes back to the activate menu without keypad

...so i guess i can just do *22899... since it says it completed

now that i think about it... the day i got my phone.. i think i rememmber the guy opening the keyboard.. lol to do it. makes sense now :p

time for *22899

now that i think about it... the day i got my phone.. i think i rememmber the guy opening the keyboard.. lol to do it. makes sense now :p

time for *22899
hahaha yeah. and btw sometimes when i do the *228 #1/#2 my phone "wont activate" but it still works perfectly so even if it for some reason wont activate it may still work.

Back