Is there a reason you need to access this menu? The vocoder isn't there on gb

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
A

aaricchavez

Reaction score
Is there a reason you need to access this menu? The vocoder isn't there on gb

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Vocoder? I don't even know what that is lol.
Well, anyways i've flashed all my/my family's phones to MetroPCS, and I was going through and checking the Proxy settings to make sure that they were all correct. I mean I could just do it on the computer, but that's a bit more time consuming.
The Programming menu works in Stock GB though. And it also works on ZombieStomped 1.71 for the Droid X, but not for the Droid 2

And actually this "vocoder" is apparently still there in GB:
...is 06 test mode, then next, next, and there you are. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on liberty gb and i checked. There is no vocoder in my program menu. It worked on froyo to improve the call quality, but I couldn't find it on gb.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

OP
A

aaricchavez

Reaction score
I'm on liberty gb and i checked. There is no vocoder in my program menu. It worked on froyo to improve the call quality, but I couldn't find it on gb.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

It doesn't specifically say vocoder, it says Service something something(I don't have my X on hand at the moment), it's the first box when you go to 06 and hit next, next like the quote says. I do believe it's the same thing as the vocoder from what little i've read.
Here's the thread I quoted from: www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-general-discussions/151419-vocoder-missing-gingerbread-596-a.html

NYCSean

Reaction score
Err? It doesn't matter if you want to change settings because after a reboot on your phone it goes back into regular mode

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

aaricchavez

Reaction score
Err? It doesn't matter if you want to change settings because after a reboot on your phone it goes back into regular mode

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Well, I don't really want to change the Vocoder settings...and regardless of why I need to get into the menu, it's still a bug, most likely because 1.71 is ported from the X and not an original D2 build