Cannot redownload GB

Gspark

Reaction score
I tried to download Gingerbread this morning, but around halfway through it said that the update could not finish downloading. I tried to redownload by going to the software update section, but it says my device is up to date!.

What do I do?

Benton

Reaction score
Not a lot of information to go on but let's get started with some basic questions:
  1. What System version is listed for your phone (settings\about phone)?
  2. Are you rooted?
  3. Did you lose your connection with the server when you were downloading?
You may need to sbf back to 330 to pull the update but for now let's try to determine exactly where the phone is at in the process.

OP
G

Gspark

Reaction score
Sorry with that lack of info.

I am on 2.4.330
I have never rooted my phone
It is possible I lost connection. I walked away from the phone came back and said that it couldn't finish downloading.

What is sbf and how would I go about doing that if thats what needs to be done.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You don't need to SBF back to anything.

You might want to wait a bit, say a week or so, until they make the update available to everyone. Maybe you were downloading it in a phase that got finished by the time you tried to check for the update again.

Benton

Reaction score
Gasai Yuno is correct, if you are at 2.4.330 you are where you need to be to get the update. Can I ask how you were triggering the download, was it because of a notice that appeared on your phone or did you go to settings then checked for system updates and found the update available?

For reference, my wife's phone was on 2.4.330 two days ago and checked for system updates and found GB waiting for her. She selected the option to take the download but it was taking a while progressing and we had to leave on a trip so she pulled the battery (yeah I know) and the update stopped. She could not restart the update and received an error message the update could not be finished. Went to settings\about phone\system updates and the same message would appear...update failed. Today did a hard reset and voila, all good, went to settings\about phone\system update and found the update still available, did a full download and once complete selected to upgrade the OS so now she is on GB without issue. I am not advocating you hard reset and lose your on-phone settings/data but just giving a reference to how quirky this process is.

OP
G

Gspark

Reaction score
I checked for system updates and said that there was an update to download. I am going to wait a week before doing a hard reset. As excited as I am for GB, Im not quite there yet to pull the trigger on a hard reset.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The 4.5.607 update has been pulled from the servers for now.

A new build will be available later.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I'm betting it will, because otherwise everyone who updated will be unable to update without using SBF or contacting VZW. It's a hassle and I doubt they want it.