Unable to flash droid 2.2

G

G8GT594

Downloaded the OTA update this morning. Every time I try to install it boot loader will get halfway done then i get an "!" and the phone restarts. Then i receive "The software update failed!" when the phone turns back on.

Running 2.1 rooted. Please help!

Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Downloaded the OTA update this morning. Every time I try to install it boot loader will get halfway done then i get an "!" and the phone restarts. Then i receive "The software update failed!" when the phone turns back on.

Running 2.1 rooted. Please help!

Thanks.

That's why. You'r rooted, either clockwork or sprecovery are blocking the update. You have to remove the root to receive the update.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
You have to go back to he unrooted version of 2.1 in order to be able to get the update installed correctly.

OP
G

G8GT594

Seriously? Never had these issues with the moto droid. Simpley because someone already have a zip file up already that could be downloaded. Now i have to figure out how to do this.

Thanks guys.

anj109

Reaction score
I'm having this same exact problem. First when my phone was rooted, then I unrooted (know its unrooted because my root apps don't work) and I'm still getting the the failed to install message. I didn't delete any bloatware or anything.

Help!!

zook_b

Reaction score
^Same problem as above. Only my phone got wiped and won't activate now. w00t........

BalistikBill

Reaction score
You guys should have been patient anwaited for the official release of 2.2. I'm not sure how to help. Sorry

BOA

Reaction score
Mine is dead in the water; I have to SBF back to 2.1, root or not root and update 2.2.

OR

SBF, update to 2.2 and root and apply everything again. Damn; at least I have Titanium backup.