Cannot get rid of Facebook notifications

Angela627

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. I had to get a replacement phone and as a result had to download the newest version of Facebook. I made it a point to not update my Facebook app on my previous phone cause I didn't want the chat function. Well now it keeps giving me updates after I've told it not to.

Interval set to never. Notifications all unchecked. and still these notifications keep showing up.

I still want notifications by e-mail so going into account and unchecking would do no good. I just want this 1.5.0 version to behave like I ask it to!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I just turn it off via Accounts & Sync.

I'm guessing this would be the solution.

The whole notification thing via facebook page didn't work for me. I'm not annoyed by it anymore though...I end up using facebook alot now lol

Angela627

Reaction score
Facebook isn't one of my synced accounts on my phone.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, thought it was working and then randomly got another notification. It's not even notifications for everything, just once in a while, and for things that happened 30 minutes ago. Does anyone have 1.4.1 apk???

Last edited:

AZ8

Reaction score
Glad I just bookmarked FB instead of downloading the app. Seems like a headache.