Cannot download "device not supported for this type of download"

detox

Reaction score
Cannot download "content not supported on this phone"

So today I noticed o could no longer download certain links from websites or dropbox links. I used to download everything to my phone. At first I thought it was my theme(linearv3) or my rom(gummyjar 2.5) so i wiped and redownloaded my rom. Issue was still there. So I tried my system 2.3.340 sbf and while still on the stock tried again with no success. So I tried a full sbf(since I was on the leak 2.3.320) and still nothing. Since I've reapplied the patches and am back on 2.3.340 with the updated kernal running gummyjar 2.5 with linear theme and am very frustrated. I love the simplicity of not having to plug my phone into my pc or laptop to download a file but now that simplicity has gone and I can't seem to get it back. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

detoXatappin on my X

harrellj

Reaction score
Are you using the stock browser? If so, try an alternate.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

Its not only the browser. Its the forums and twitter as well. Im puzzled. I'll try a new browser and I'll try a new launcher as well

detoXatappin on my X

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score

I still can't download links from twitter or the forums but I CAN download them from the web now that I switched browsers. Thanks a million

detoXatappin on my X

OP
detox

detox

Reaction score
After changing default browser I can now download anything. Thanks again for you help!

detoXatappin on my X

harrellj

Reaction score
Glad its working :)

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can also toggle airplane mode and sync when you have download issues. I use switchpro widget so I have the tools readily available.