Cannot get back to stock, please help!

puhfifer

Reaction score
I have tried just about everything to get my phone back to stock from gummyjar. I have tried using rsd to put the official sbf on, I have tried bootstrapper and clockwork. RSD always gets the 0x7100 error and clockwork always gets to the step of installing clockwork over stock recovery and kicks me back to the menu.

Now it seems I have somehow lost root in all of this, but am still stuck with gummyjar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

OP
P

puhfifer

Reaction score
Also, I have done all of the typical troubleshooting, downloading drivers, changing usb ports with no success

OP
P

puhfifer

Reaction score
Thanks, I had already tried that method with no luck, got frustrated and wiped a few too many things in clockwork trying to get the phone to let me flash and now I am at least somewhat bricked.

I thought I had successfully flashed with rsd, but then it failed at 99%, said something about the super-file was signed and I needed an unsigned superfile?

I pulled another .sbf to try flashing and hope for better luck, but now the battery is dead and not wanting to charge. As of now I am stuck at the boot menu with it blinking the battery is too low.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well, for now you need to get a hold of another Droid X battery that is charged...or a stand alone charger since the X wont charge when it is bootlooped.

I am not quite sure why the maderstock file didnt work...it should be a failry 1,2,3 seat up...

OP
P

puhfifer

Reaction score
Ok, got my battery charged, used another laptop with rsd 4.9 and was able to successfully flash.

the phone just boots back into bootloader with the following:

bootloader
Err: A5,70,70,00,1F

New_Map Blank
Service Req'd

Am I totally screwed?

OP
P

puhfifer

Reaction score
SUCCESS!!! Only took 12 hours too!

If anyone has this issue again make sure you are flashing with the latest version of rsd lite, sbf 2.3.340 full.

And don't be afraid to hack apart a USB cable if your phone is dead, mad I drove around for almost two hours trying to find a battery or charger when all I had to do was sacrifice one micro USB.

Hope this thread saves someone else my headaches

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes, using RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9 is integral to flashing SBFs correctly onto a Droid X/2 and 4.9 is required for the 2G/Pro. Congrats on getting it fixed! :)

OP
P

puhfifer

Reaction score
I take it back, now it is registering unknown battery and refusing to charge. I guess I can at least say I got it back to ofw and verizon shouldn't dick me around too bad