Cannot change theme

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Hi, I downloaded adw launcher and their dark theme and cant figure out how to set the theme. I am a droid newbie so go easy on me (I tried searching but couldn't find the answer). I don't even see the launcher in my application tray, any help is appreciated.

mack19318

Reaction score
If your adw launcher is installed when you hit menu button you with see a new option and it will either say more or it will say adw settings. Select that and there will be an option that says themes, select that and then choose your theme and select apply.
If your adw is not installed than you will need to use a file manager to locate your download file and find the adw.apk there and install.
If you are not rooted than you will have to launchers using resources, the stock and adw, just so you know.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mack19318

Reaction score
Edit:
If you are rooted than there will be a way for you to delete the stock launcher. But make sure adw is installed first before deleating. A lot of roms have the option to delete launcher 2 or stock launcher.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

A Nobody

Reaction score
if you have adw it should become your default launcher unless you made the current launcher your default. You can either go into settings, applications, running or all, and find home then cear the default. There is a nice app in the market called clear default, its free and does the same thing.

Now in Adw to apply theme you have to click settings, adw settings/ or preference and then scroll to theme settings.

A Nobody

Reaction score
here is a video

[video=youtube;-i4L0i7zk48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i4L0i7zk48[/video]

OP
D

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I am not rooted because I am brand new to android and want to understand the phone and os before I try to root and screw something up.

OP
D

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
the methods i suggested does not require root.

I was responding to the post right above yours with the root comment. When I go into applications and go to home it says no defaults are set, but it wont let me open adw launcher from the applications list. And my phone is different from the video. After the launcher is installed I click on it from the notification bar but that just takes me back to the market. I cannot find a way to open the adw launcher.