Cannot activate phone after firmware reset (2.3 issue??).. help!!

cybaix

Reaction score
As most everyone else I was very excited to get 2.3 this week. I installed it on Thursday and noticed a few very minor issues (sense would crash and need to be forced closed every now and then).

I'd been having an issue for some time where the location in my weather widget would never update any more and decided it was time for a factory reset. That was a huge mistake.

After factory resetting my phone, I went through the normal activation process with Verizon. Phone appeared to program okay, and after reboot I couldn't make any calls or connect to 3G. I tried factory resetting again, activating by calling *228 and still no go.

I took the phone to the verizion store where the sales person did the exact same thing I did, and then told me my phone had gone bad and I needed to buy a new one. After I went home I got in touch with Verizon tech support and they were substantially more helpful.

It seems my phone doesn't save any of the programming information after reboot. Attempting to manually program it doesn't work as it seems the option to edit the Mobile Directory Number (MDN) is now gone in 2.3.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? This smells like a really bad bug to me. I know that Verizon delayed 2.3 on the Incredible for QA issues, perhaps this is the reason why?

burgett11

Reaction score
Did you create a 2.2 backup? I f so maybe restore back to 2.2 and see if you still have issues.
I had to install 2.3 a second time because I didn't follow recomendations and do a factory reset before installing 2.3.
Also did you wipe cache partition & delvik cache before install?

Also there is an 2.3 alternative that is supossed to be more stable I have the files available if you want. It's called Fusion Base.