Can you turn off start-up sound on R2D2/D2/D2G?

me4droid

Reaction score
Is there a way to silence the start-up notification? It's not too annoying on the D2G, but the R2D2 is really loud and obvious. If you want to turn on your phone unobtrusively it's impossible with these start-up sounds.

I've tried searching these forums for the answer, and apologize if it's been answered before.

I can put phone on vibrate and silence all other sounds, but still get the start-up sound.

Help, please!

Reaction score
I've seen several threads on several different forums, and it seems nobody has managed to turn the R2D2 sounds off.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
There are a few different methods depending on what kind of phone you have. Here are a couple suggestions:

Download Silent Boot from the market and install it to your internal storage. Open the program up and select Enable Silent Boot. Turn off your phone and turn it back on. If it works then there you go. If not, try this:

Go to Settings > Sound & Display > System Volume and reduce it to 0

If you do not have this setting or System Volume in Sound & Display then please try this:

Go to the market and download Quick Settings. Install to internal storage and look for your Volumes and you should see a System Volumes. Adjust that to 0.

And lastly and optional:

Being rooted with a custom ROM will take care of that problem after you've rooted your phone and flashed a custom ROM.