Can you transfer contacts from another phone via bluetooth?

Big D

Reaction score
I have an LG Voyager that I need to move the contacts from.

Thanks guys.

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
Me too

I dont have the Droid yet, but am interested in doing the same thing. Is this not possible?

spazma7ik

Reaction score
1. You can go to Verizon store and have them do it there for free.

2. You can download backup assistant (will say it's 1.99 or so but is free if yoyu have verizon online account) on your dumbphone and backup your contacts, then login to your my verizon, somewhere there will be a place about your backed up contacts, download the file or extract, something like that, and then put it on your SD card and import it to your contacts.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
1. You can go to Verizon store and have them do it there for free.

2. You can download backup assistant (will say it's 1.99 or so but is free if yoyu have verizon online account) on your dumbphone and backup your contacts, then login to your my verizon, somewhere there will be a place about your backed up contacts, download the file or extract, something like that, and then put it on your SD card and import it to your contacts.

I think you might also be able to import them into your account at gmail.com, and it will then sync. Either way. I've seen more people say the gmail way works than loading on the SD card...

They transferred my contacts for me because we had some serious issues getting all of my account stuff straightened out [transferring from a single-user Alltel plan to a Verizon share plan...], so I haven't really played with bluetooth transfer much...You MIGHT be able to push a "contact card" from the LG once they're paired? Not sure though...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think you'd need an app like Bluetooth File Transfer.

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the info. I too will be going from a single line to a family plan account. VZW customer service suggested I wait until I have the new phone "I had planned to do it online" and then do the backup assistant. She said it would be free since I would be moving to the Droid. "Fingers Crossed".

She also said I should wait to add the second line until after the new account was working. Like maybe2-3 days. I asked if I would still get the second phone free and she said yes, that it would be free for thirty days. Does this sound right to you guys?

Well I am counting the days until I'll be able to order my droid. There is soooo much interesting info in this forum it is amazing. Im glad I found it. I hope I get a Droid without the troubles I have read others have had.

cuskit

Reaction score
I've seen no successful way with Backup Assistant as it does not support the Motorola Droid. So - does anyone have a specific, detailed way to do this? cuskit

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks for the info. I too will be going from a single line to a family plan account. VZW customer service suggested I wait until I have the new phone "I had planned to do it online" and then do the backup assistant. She said it would be free since I would be moving to the Droid. "Fingers Crossed".

She also said I should wait to add the second line until after the new account was working. Like maybe2-3 days. I asked if I would still get the second phone free and she said yes, that it would be free for thirty days. Does this sound right to you guys?

Well I am counting the days until I'll be able to order my droid. There is soooo much interesting info in this forum it is amazing. Im glad I found it. I hope I get a Droid without the troubles I have read others have had.

I added the second line the same day/got my cousin/roommate a Droid as well. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Seems like that should be right. It's not like it's very hard for them to import your contacts from the old phone. I suppose when they WON'T do it for free, it's just to make a little extra profit.

Don't be too concerned about getting a phone with issues. People come here for help, so most of the threads are about questions/issues. However, there are plenty of us with no real problems at all.

The best thing I can suggest to you when downloading apps and/or installing them from a link you downloaded here: Don't go crazy. Only install one or two at a time, and then use them. This way, if the phone starts acting weird after you've installed a new app, you're more likely to catch it quick and know that it's a certain app, rather than downloading 20 apps at the same time, then having an issue and not knowing where to begin...

Scribble

Reaction score
Check the LG site as well. I don't know if it works for the voyager, but I had an env touch, and LG had this program you could install to sync your contact list with outloook...

So I synced my contact list with outlook, then exported it to a csv file and imported that into gmail contacts.

Roundabout way, but it worked. :p

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Check the LG site as well. I don't know if it works for the voyager, but I had an env touch, and LG had this program you could install to sync your contact list with outloook...

So I synced my contact list with outlook, then exported it to a csv file and imported that into gmail contacts.

If you can use backup assistant to save your contacts, I'm pretty sure you should be able to save that to your computer, then import them to the contacts in gmail.com, and then sync your phone.

Trek6500mt

Reaction score

If you can use backup assistant to save your contacts, I'm pretty sure you should be able to save that to your computer, then import them to the contacts in gmail.com, and then sync your phone.
Yeah that is what the VZW rep told me on the phone. Man I love how fast you guys reply!!! Thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah that is what the VZW rep told me on the phone. Man I love how fast you guys reply!!! Thanks!

Can't help it...I get the e-mail notification on my Droid, read what's posted, and click the link to reply if I've got something to add/clarify...

Droid DOES make my Droid Forums addiction worse...Haha!

Glad you got sorted out! :icon_ banana:

Enjoy the Droid! [And welcome to the forum if I failed to say that before!!]

rrookey

Reaction score
Trying this out as my sons Droid could not upload his contact list from his ENV...

Trek6500mt

Reaction score
Trying this out as my sons Droid could not upload his contact list from his ENV...

Just got my Droid today! So Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
The backup Assistant worked for me. After the backup was complete I saved the .CSV file that Backup Assistant created to my PC. Then I went to my Gmail acct. and imported the .CSV file from my download dir on my PC. All my stuff is there. Now I just need to figure out how to add a picture to members of my contacts list.

I wonder, are the apps from my old phone supposed to transfer to my Droid? Or is it even allowed? Hmmm