Merging Contacts from Dinosaur Voyager

jrrtex

Reaction score
Thank you for the info on merging contacts using BitPim. Too bad BitPim will not support the Droid. I just picked my Droid up today upgrading from the original Voyager. The salesperson told me that my contacts were transfered, but only 1/2 were and some contacts that were transferred did not have phone numbers. I was told later on the phone w/ Verizon support, that the Droid does not suppoort the BackUp Assistant.

However, when I use the directions of exporting the csv file and importing it into Gmail, all the files come up "unknown". The names and info are within the contact files but they are all named "Unknown". Is there any other way?

I definitely do not want to have to go through each of my 400+ contacts....

I thank anyone and everyone ahead of time who can help me.

JRR

huskur

Reaction score
you are doing something wrong. once you download the .csv file from vzw you just "import" them into gmail. very simple. All contacts and numbers should be as they were the last time you ran back up assistant from the old voyager. Try it again

OP
J

jrrtex

Reaction score
Thank you!

Huskur,

Thank you for your reply. I actually went back to another Verizon store today and they were able to help me. It wasn't a slam dunk. They had to do a hard reset several times as I guess they were guessing which way to go with the import. That's at least what they said, but it all got done. Now I am happy. But thank you again for your reply. JRR