Can You Put The Home Screen "Big Clock" Onto the Secondary Home Screens?

pdmike

Reaction score
The Droid Incredible (and I assume other Droid models) has a "main" Home screen (I think they call it the "Lock" screen) and six other, additional home screens that you can personalize in any way you like. Whenever you turn the phone on, it always goes directly to the "main" Home screen. To get to the other home screens, you scroll left or right.

OK - the "main" Home screen comes with a great, big analog clock in the upper, center portion of the screen. Is it possilbe to also have that same, big, analog clock on your other home screens? So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to put it onto the other home screens as well as the main home screen.

Anyone know if that can be done and, if so, how to do it?

I know you can stick three or four other types of clocks onto the other home screens, but they are all pretty small. I want that big sucker on my other home screens.

eliassami5

Reaction score
Mike the Incredible comes with a manual, I suggest reading up.

The lock screen is the one you first see when you power on the phone, it has the sliding bar that you need to slide down to unlock the phone..hence the "lock screen".
After you unlock the phone you have 7 Home screens, the screen your phone defaults to can be called the main home screen or just the center screen.

There are several ways to move the clock.

1. LONG HOLD on the clock itself until the clock is selected and drag it either to the left or to the right edge of the screen. The home screen will move over and you will be presented with another one of your home screens to place the clock on. You can only place the clock in a non shaded area, so if there are apps in the way move them to be able to place the clock where you want.

2. Go to the screen where you want to place the clock on, press the "+" sign at the bottom of your screen. Select widget's, then select clock, there are 3 different types of clocks, you can scroll through them by sliding your finger across the screen or by selecting the ">" arrow at the bottom. The largest clock is all the way to the right, press the select button when you are done and it will ask you for your city and other options, then it will place the clock on that screen.
Once you have done that you need to delete the other clock, LONG HOLD on the clock that you dont want and drag it to the bottom of the screen where you will see a trash can icon appear, release your finger over the trash can icon and the widget will be deleted.

Last edited:
OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
Mike the Incredible comes with a manual, I suggest reading up.

No, the Incredible does not come with a manual. It comes with a little booklet, called "Tips, Hints and Shortcuts," which does not even begin to scratch the surface of using this complicated piece of equipment. If you want the actual User Manual, you have to phone Verizon to have then send it to you or you can download it from their Web site.

I did both. The hard copy version has not yet arrived. The Web copy is a pdf file that prints out at 308 pages. It seems pretty good and, as you suggest, I am now in the process of "reading up" in it.

FYI - I have posted a thread on this very topic, directing others who might want to take a look at the actual manual, where to go. Here's the thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr.../77257-user-manual-droid-incredible-here.html

The lock screen is the one you first see when you power on the phone, it has the sliding bar that you need to slide down to unlock the phone..hence the "lock screen". After you unlock the phone you have 7 Home screens, the screen your phone defaults to can be called the main home screen or just the center screen.

There are several ways to move the clock.

1. LONG HOLD on the clock itself until the clock is selected and drag it either to the left or to the right edge of the screen. The home screen will move over and you will be presented with another one of your home screens to place the clock on. You can only place the clock in a non shaded area, so if there are apps in the way move them to be able to place the clock where you want.

2. Go to the screen where you want to place the clock on, press the "+" sign at the bottom of your screen. Select widget's, then select clock, there are 3 different types of clocks, you can scroll through them by sliding your finger across the screen or by selecting the ">" arrow at the bottom. The largest clock is all the way to the right, press the select button when you are done and it will ask you for your city and other options, then it will place the clock on that screen.
Once you have done that you need to delete the other clock, LONG HOLD on the clock that you dont want and drag it to the bottom of the screen where you will see a trash can icon appear, release your finger over the trash can icon and the widget will be deleted.

In my original post, I indicated that I don't want to MOVE the big clock, I want to COPY it onto SOME OR ALL of the secondary home screens. In other words, I want that big sucker up there on more than one of my seven, available home screens.

I don't think you can do that. I already was able to MOVE it. My question is, can you COPY it and, if so, how do you do that?

I also mentioned the other clocks available in Widgets and indicated I am not interested in those. Too small.

OP
pdmike

pdmike

Reaction score
I would really like to know if I can copy the big clock onto the other home screens.

eliassami5

Reaction score
..if you follow step number 2 it outlines exactly how to do it.

Or you can flip to page 16 in your "tips and tricks" manual and it explains how to add widgets..you can add as many clocks as you want, just scroll to the 3rd clock