Can you disable the Charging Light?

krpiper

Reaction score
I'm referring to the white LED that is next to the micro USB port.

I put my phone on my night stand and that is a very "bright" light in a dark room. Is there anyway I can disable it.

I'm rooted running Cynogen 5.0.8 if that helps any

Thanks

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe it is not software based, but actually running right off the cord, meaning that you cannot disable it. I wish you could, annoying when I go to bed, I put my hat over it every night haha.

Could always paint over it with thick black paint or something? I might try this.

huskur

Reaction score
I believe it is not software based, but actually running right off the cord, meaning that you cannot disable it. I wish you could, annoying when I go to bed, I put my hat over it every night haha.

Could always paint over it with thick black paint or something? I might try this.

Black Sharpie!!dancedroid

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Small piece of black electrical tape, or face it away from you, or ...

Get a dock, in which case the light is pointing down into the dock and not seen.

jmt9779

Reaction score
I have a similar situation with the power cord on a new Dell laptop I just got, except that the LED is actually in the end of the power cord. I just wrapped a rubber band around it a few times and it blocks the light. I'm sure the same thing would work if you wrap a rubber band around the end of your phone charger - Build it up enough to block the LED on the phone.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd seriously just use black paint on the end with an artists brush - solved.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Get a 500mw green laser and burn the LED components through the covering lens .

With a name like "smokiedabong" you know he's about to give a great idea. I'd say go buy a laser and do it!!! Haha, and if it doesn't work, hell, you have an awesome laser now!

OP
K

krpiper

Reaction score
whats gaffers tape, and I looked and the LED is on the phone its self. Might have to see if I have any paint.

jantill

Reaction score
you could use another charging system for the phone that uses the same connection. I am using my old LG Decoys charger and it works great