Charging light and dock

jmdeacon

Reaction score
I like my room dark when I sleep and the white light that lights up when the charger is connected is annoying to me. I am considering getting the Dock but only if it hides the little white light when connected.

If you have the dock, would you tell me if you can see that little white light when connected.

Thanks,

John

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you have the dock, would you tell me if you can see that little white light when connected.

Yup, light faces down....You plan on having the screen off too?

OP
J

jmdeacon

Reaction score
I plan to have the screen off at night but at times I will want to use the dock for display.

I am not clear on your reply. Do you mean Yup you can still see it?

John

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I plan to have the screen off at night but at times I will want to use the dock for display.

I am not clear on your reply. Do you mean Yup you can still see it?

John

Sorry...Light faces down, You cannot see it.

Ern3

Reaction score
Yes, light by charger will be covered, BUT, when phone is docked, the display remains on and the 4 lights on the right side (bottom) of the phone remain fully lit.

Which is a hell of a lot brighter than the lil charger light.

I hate it in the dock... I wish there was a way to make the phone totally dark when charging in dock.

-ern

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Yes, light by charger will be covered, BUT, when phone is docked, the display remains on and the 4 lights on the right side (bottom) of the phone remain fully lit.

Didn't think of that....But I can sleep anywhere....light or dark...

ChalmersP

Reaction score
If the light bothers you that much just put a shirt or something on-top of it...

ChalmersP

Reaction score
Hit the power button and the phone goes dark.

But the phone turns itself on when you plug in the charger...

The phone will still be on, but the screen won't be. You can turn off the screen while charging, you just can't turn off the whole phone.

But I think his problem is the white light next to the microUSB port.... Now that I look at mine, the light turns off once the phone is fully charged...

medicTHREE

Reaction score

I hate it in the dock... I wish there was a way to make the phone totally dark when charging in dock.

-ern

Push lock button....