Help. Phone will not turn on this AM

REARless

Reaction score
I do not want to use the bri** word around here but....

I got up this AM and my phone will not turn on. I do a battery pull and it still won't turn on. It was fully charged before I went to bed and was not on the charger last night. If I put it on the charger, the Motorola M comes on but it will not boot. Also the white LED near the micro USB port does not light which indicates to me that I have a fully charged battery.

I was running DroidMod 1.0

HELP!!!!!!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not a member of the resque squad, but do you have a nandroid backup? If so, boot into recovery and load a backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
REARless

REARless

Reaction score
I'm not a member of the resque squad, but do you have a nandroid backup? If so, boot into recovery and load a backup.

Good thought, I would have done that, but I can't get it to turn on at all.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I do not want to use the bri** word around here but....

I got up this AM and my phone will not turn on. I do a battery pull and it still won't turn on. It was fully charged before I went to bed and was not on the charger last night. If I put it on the charger, the Motorola M comes on but it will not boot. Also the white LED near the micro USB port does not light which indicates to me that I have a fully charged battery.

I was running DroidMod 1.0

HELP!!!!!!

To be honest it sounds like a completely dead battery. Leave it on the charger for as long as you can and then try powering on. When the battery dies like this it can take up to 10hrs to charge it and get it to boot up.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Titans, you've got great advice, here and elsewhere. You don't have to be a member of the rescue squad to lend a hand, lol

A couple of us suggested to the mods that we wanted to try and collect common issues with common solutions to make it easier for someone to solve their issues. The mods came up with this little corner for us. So it's sort of like a librarian thing, collecting faq's, solutions, and rescues.

The forums are for everyone. Feel free to post in any topic you want to contribute to. You can help someone, learn something, or try and brick your phone and have others help you. If you've got solution ideas you can post them in the solutions thread and it will get added to the list of solutions and if you've got a FAQ or tutorial you can post it here too.

btw..I also think this is a battery issue. When you boot up does the backlight come on at all?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

If you feel you can contribute assistance, You are welcome to try. This is set up as a Members Helping Members Section.

You do not have to be a member of the Rescue Squad to try and help !!!

And I would like to extend the Forum's and the Member's thanks, for Helping too !!!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
REARless...did you ever get your phone back running?

OP
REARless

REARless

Reaction score
Thanks, sorry for the delay.

Sorry for the delay. You all were absolutely correct. It was a dead battery. But it was a deader than a doornail battery. It would not take a charge no matter how long I had it on the charger.

I took it back to Best Buy. Can't say enough nice things about them. They LENT me a battery for FREE. (The salesguy did recognize me and I bought my wife's and kid's phones from them so that probably helped.)

(I was REALLY concerned about returning it because I was rooted and had no way to go back to stock since I could not get it to boot. I was afraid they would boot it somehow at Motorola and see it was rooted and say, "Sorry, $499.00 for a new phone.")

Anywho, it booted at the store, I ran with the loaner battery for 24 hours then bought a new one.

I don't blame anyone on this but myself. But just for piece of mind, I unrooted DroidMod. I went to bed with it fully charged and woke up with a dead unchargable battery. (SetCPU was set on "Conservative" and 800Mhz max.)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
j

Sorry for the delay. You all were absolutely correct. It was a dead battery. But it was a deader than a doornail battery. It would not take a charge no matter how long I had it on the charger.

I took it back to Best Buy. Can't say enough nice things about them. They LENT me a battery for FREE. (The salesguy did recognize me and I bought my wife's and kid's phones from them so that probably helped.)

(I was REALLY concerned about returning it because I was rooted and had no way to go back to stock since I could not get it to boot. I was afraid they would boot it somehow at Motorola and see it was rooted and say, "Sorry, $499.00 for a new phone.")

Anywho, it booted at the store, I ran with the loaner battery for 24 hours then bought a new one.

I don't blame anyone on this but myself. But just for piece of mind, I unrooted DroidMod. I went to bed with it fully charged and woke up with a dead unchargable battery. (SetCPU was set on "Conservative" and 800Mhz max.)

I highly doubt anything you did killed the battery. Unless you were running really hot all the time. This sounds more like a defect that occured at a bad time.

DuneChasin

Reaction score
im guessing my phone is having the same problem but idk.

last night my phone died while i was out, i put in on the charger when i got home and when i woke up in the middle of the night it was on and i had a missed call, normal, but then i went back to sleep and when i woke up again i couldnt turn my phone on. i tried popping out the battery and plugging it in, im getting nothing. the ONLY thing that happens is the little white led turns on when its plugged in. im rooted running Ultimate 8.1.1 and clocks recover screen and its overclocked with adamZ setcpu at 800..

so could it be a fried battery like REARless or do i have a different mess of problems?

thanks

Last edited:

DuneChasin

Reaction score
ok scratch my last post. yup it was just super dead. i still am wondering y tho since it was on the charger all night. but i plugged it into the comp and nothing happened so i plugged it back into the wall and i was about to leave the room and saw it boot up. so no more worries its all good here haha.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok scratch my last post. yup it was just super dead. i still am wondering y tho since it was on the charger all night. but i plugged it into the comp and nothing happened so i plugged it back into the wall and i was about to leave the room and saw it boot up. so no more worries its all good here haha.

It charges ALOT slower when plugged into the computer. It charges amazingly faster when plugged into the wall.

DuneChasin

Reaction score
ya I kno I had it in the wall all night and switched it to the computer just to see if I could get it to turn on.