Can we stop with the Froyo posts?

IamGov

Reaction score
There are plenty of open threads to discuss froyo, gingerbread, and updates in general . Please use those to express your opinions on these matters. I am trying to keep up and add advice, but it is becoming impossible with new, duplicate, threads being opened.

Sent via my Fascinate on the Droidforums app.
Owned D1, Incred, X, D2, and the Fascinate is the best.

shdowman

Reaction score
Agreed. For anyone else reading this, froyo will be coming one way or another. Devs cannot make it happen else it would have. We can either hope vzw releases it soon or that it gets ported.from the new sammy coming out. Either way, there will be news over every forum and tech site once its available. In the meantime i would hit up samsungs facebook and twitter sites and let them know exactly how you feel knowing a new phone is about to be released with froyo while fascinate owners are still rocking 2.1. :)

But forums-wise, the conversation has been beaten to death with.people honestly not doing much reading.on the subject before making arbitrary posts....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Jamis0n

Reaction score
I'm so tired of saying the same things over and over T-T.. it just takes a little of your time to read.

8pened!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:rofl3:
Froyo, and BT, and overclocking, and 'which ROM is best' and 'what phone to get' and........
OP you've been around long enough to know that this won't happen... people are just too LAZY to actually use the search feature or look through thread titles so they will keep posting ENDLESS threads about things already discussed on countless others. And the mods have other pressing business to attend to so they have all but stopped trying to consolidate things (not that I blame them, it was a loosing battle).

Edit:
Best case, best app for ____ just a few more that popped up while I was writing the above reply. And OH YES, the ever classic "I'VE BRICKED MY DROID":rofl3:....

Last edited:

smokie11

Reaction score
Duplicate Threads

The point is well taken, but as threads become old and fall into the background newbies (like myself) feel they will get perhaps more attention or a quicker response by starting fresh (a duplicate thread), it can be annoying but it is human nature.

This is my second post, however I have done exhausting reading in this forum, all very helpful to me. My first post was in an old thread that is of interest to me, I had hoped that it would generate a response or two but that has not been the case so far.
Anyway I have a very, very fast Mercury Marauder and I never get tired of talking about my car... :icon_ banana:.
I wish you all a Happy, healthy New Year and maybe this new year will bring us all what we so patiently or for some not so patiently been wating for.:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There are plenty of open threads to discuss froyo, gingerbread, and updates in general.

As soon as the world stops spinning....

It's the nature of the Forum....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of open threads to discuss froyo, gingerbread, and updates in general . Please use those to express your opinions on these matters. I am trying to keep up and add advice, but it is becoming impossible with new, duplicate, threads being opened.

In trying to stop the Froyo Threads you have only succeeded in adding to them - as Bn'B said, it's the nature of the Forum which you have no control over - you only control yourself and your actions :wink:

abcstyers

Reaction score
Haven't done it on this forum, but I actually got a temp ban on other (car) forums for bringing up old threads. So some of your duplicate threads could be guys like me who have recieved previous bans for bringing back 6month old threads. I'm not gonna take the time to memorize all different forum rules....

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Haven't done it on this forum, but I actually got a temp ban on other (car) forums for bringing up old threads. So some of your duplicate threads could be guys like me who have recieved previous bans for bringing back 6month old threads. I'm not gonna take the time to memorize all different forum rules....

Ours are common sense and simple.

Chose to ignore and action will be taken.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html

abcstyers

Reaction score
Ours are common sense and simple.

Chose to ignore and action will be taken.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...06774-guidelines-conduct-droidforums-net.html

Thats fine. I'm just stating that if people migrate from car forums they might know that bringing up old threads is normally a suspending circumstance. I use common sense, which is why I've never been banned from a forum. If mods feel the need to ban me, they can. I'll move on. (Yes, I know that went a little off topic)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Thats fine. I'm just stating that if people migrate from car forums they might know that bringing up old threads is normally a suspending circumstance.

There is nothing wrong bringing up old posts if it helps someone.
Thats why we are here....To Help.