Can we get some links to recovering from being bricked?

Reaction score
For instance Id like to know the files to download, where to download them, a tutorial for such. This would be for a bootloop (stuck on M or Eye) or possibly a black screen and of course not being able to get into cm recovery. Thanks ahead of time!

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

bookie

Reaction score
Go to the Droid 2 hacks section. In the stickies there's a thread called droid 2 roms/ hacking class. Pretty much everything you need is there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
captainoftheworld
Reaction score
all the threads I read there are for sbfing from the os/bootloader and all seem to assume that your phone isn't bricked or isn't bootlooped. For instance I followed the methods posted there after rsdlite flashed the sbf and once my phone rebooted I was still stuck on the M and rsd lite said complete :(

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
captainoftheworld
Reaction score
I downloaded 3 different ones and redownloaded them again because I read the zip might be corrupt. When I say different I mean different sources or devs, they were all 2.3.20.A955

OP
captainoftheworld
Reaction score
Im definitely going to check those out, have em bookmarked, will look at them on my pc, thanks book.

bookie

Reaction score
No prob. If those don't help talk to the rescue squad. If they can't help u no one can.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
In order to get out of a bootloop you do a battery pull. Try to boot into recovery manually (x+power), then force the bootloader if you can't get into recovery.

OP
captainoftheworld
Reaction score
battery pull didn't work at all for me, I got into bootloader and the battery died, then I was pretty much screwed because I got unable to program error after I tried flashing sbfs 6 or 7 times.

OP
captainoftheworld
Reaction score
well this is a past occurrence we are speaking of, it's been a little less than a week since I bricked and I have my warranty replacement already. But the batter will not charge in bootloader mode, i tried wall charger, usb to pc cable, desktop cradle, and sticking my wife's D2 battery in there as well and once I killed the battery and the bootloader knew it, there was nothing that would get me off that unable to program error. And I tried everything :(

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just for future reference if you flash an sbf succesfully and still get a bootloop you might want to try booting in to stock recovery and clearing data/cache.

tappin and a talkin