Can this be ported to Apex?

natedogg11

Reaction score
I saw this theme on a friend's phone. He is running Fission, which I do not want to switch over to. I was curious if it possible to port the theme over to Apex or if someone could advise me how.

It is call Matted Blues for Fission...there are 2 versions. I prefer the 2nd, but would like to try either. Here is a link to it:

collection of ported themes for fission 2.5.7 - Android Forums

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I saw this theme on a friend's phone. He is running Fission, which I do not want to switch over to. I was curious if it possible to port the theme over to Apex or if someone could advise me how.

It is call Matted Blues for Fission...there are 2 versions. I prefer the 2nd, but would like to try either. Here is a link to it:

collection of ported themes for fission 2.5.7 - Android Forums

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

with some time and commitment, themes are fairly easy to port over from rom to rom.

Basically you just grab the icons from the theme's framework-res.apk and put them into the apex framework-res.apk then copy that back onto the phone. Most themes include themed apps as well(like gmail, browser, talk), these apk's are just part of the .zip file, and can also be simply copied over to your phone.

You just need to know where to look for the files, and if you want to make a recovery installable .zip, you'll need to be able to sign it.

Some google searching can go a long way. I made the RadioActive theme recently just because I wanted to try it out. It wasn't that bad after finding the files I needed.

I don't know if you were hoping for someone to pick up the task and do it. I will if I get some time, but don't hold your breath :).

If you wanna take this task on yourself, there's plenty of smart people around here who can probably lend some help (myself included)

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm gonna be mad at myself for this, but I ported it for you.

Seemed to work on my phone with a quick test. It's a pretty nice clean theme so far.

I did not include the services.jar file, I didn't have time to look through and see what was actually changed in there. Usually that'd just be font colors and such as far as I know.

Let me know if this works for you...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10847486/mattedblues_v2_Apex_1_3_1.zip

OP
N

natedogg11

Reaction score
Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate this.

Thank you.

kishin14

Reaction score
I know I'm not the one who asked for it but I want to thank you as well. It is a great theme, the best one for ApeX 1.3.1 in my opinion. Cheers~

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know I'm not the one who asked for it but I want to thank you as well. It is a great theme, the best one for ApeX 1.3.1 in my opinion. Cheers~

I'm just glad its working for you. I only briefly tested it out. I had to make sure to remove incompatible apps from the install, and I wasn't sure I caught them all.

GameGrave

Reaction score
trying this out now.....really nice.
I REALLY like that Avalon white theme on the same page......if only there was someone on here who knew how to port it :eek:dancedroid

droided1

Reaction score
Ha, thanks plower. Found my new theme.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App