Can The Docking Stations (Multimedia Station) Cause Harm To Droid?

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score
I bought a Multimedia Stations (Docking Station) for my Motorola Droid. Last night was my first use. My phone needed a charge, and I thought it would be awesome to have it get charged on the dock and be a nice little cool bed side clock.

While trying to sleep, I was thinking as it was connected to the Multimedia Stations could this possibly do harm in two ways. 1. Burn into the LED since the background is the same, and the Time just changes. 2. If you leave there connected to charge, while the phone is already charged, could the over flow of constant Power Cycling through the battery shorten it's life? ?

I have 30 days to return the item, but I'd like to know further more before continuing nightly leaving the phone on the dock.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since this was designed for continuous overnight use, there should be safeguards built in to prevent overcharging. And I don't believe the screen would be as susceptible to burn-ins.

I have both the Seidio and Verizon multimedia docks and I haven't seen a problem.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
And yet another free push for that alarm clock app I like <g> Better alarm clock, in market, moves the time around on your screen after a while and fully customizable..

And I really have nothing to do with this app lol

OP
M

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score
^^ That would help, but I like the stationery idea of the clock, the still background is what the problem is.

Skull One

Reaction score
I bought a Multimedia Stations (Docking Station) for my Motorola Droid. Last night was my first use. My phone needed a charge, and I thought it would be awesome to have it get charged on the dock and be a nice little cool bed side clock.

While trying to sleep, I was thinking as it was connected to the Multimedia Stations could this possibly do harm in two ways. 1. Burn into the LED since the background is the same, and the Time just changes. 2. If you leave there connected to charge, while the phone is already charged, could the over flow of constant Power Cycling through the battery shorten it's life? ?

I have 30 days to return the item, but I'd like to know further more before continuing nightly leaving the phone on the dock.

Andorid 2.2 and 2.1 have the screen issue solved.

And all cell phones use the Lithium-Ion battery standard of charging till they hit 4.19 volts and then trickle charge to 4.20. You can run a maintenance trickle charge for the next year and it won't hurt the battery since it is designed not to have a memory.

OP
M

M3-ADDICT

Reaction score

Andorid 2.2 and 2.1 have the screen issue solved.

And all cell phones use the Lithium-Ion battery standard of charging till they hit 4.19 volts and then trickle charge to 4.20. You can run a maintenance trickle charge for the next year and it won't hurt the battery since it is designed not to have a memory.

Great news on the charge. So I could charge the thing till full, and it won't keep charging? How is the screen issue resolved? Do you have any knowledge behind the method to save?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid's battery is like any other Li ion battery. There's plenty of info on Li ion batteries if you Google as well as former threads that discuss Li ion batteries, care, overcharging, etc. It's not an issue.

How is the screen issue resolved? Do you have any knowledge behind the method to save?
If you're really worried then tap the power button while docked.

Last edited:

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I recently bought the Multimedia Station and I love it. My opinion on it, is that Motorola made and designed the Station. So I'm sure it will be fine if The Station and the Droid was made by the same company. Lol.

xandor

Reaction score
I actually have seen a lcd monitor get something close to burn in, but it was an older monitor and was starting to fail in other ways. Current LCD screens shouldn't have that problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk