DROID Multimedia Docking Station

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm considering plunking down $30 for the droid "docking station." From what I can tell, it would be an ideal way to (a) eliminate my alarm clock and (b) recharge my phone at night.

Before doing so, however, I'd like to know if the DROID will fit with its protective cover. I found with my last phone that I had to remove the cover to allow it to fit the docking station. That was a pain but removing the tight fitting plastic cover on the DROID is nearly impossible and certainly not something I'd want to do on a daily basis.

Anyone have experience?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Other than maybe the vinyl skin type covers, the droid will not fit into the OEM docking station with any type of case on it.

OP
jsh1120

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Other than maybe the vinyl skin type covers, the droid will not fit into the OEM docking station with any type of case on it.

That's what I suspected. And it seems confirmed by a post on the Verizon DROID forum, as well. It's understandable but disappointing. Removing the plastic case is a major PITA. If I'm forced to choose between some protection for the phone and the multimedia dock, I have to choose the former.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you get the Seidio case, they are coming out with a dock that works with it in place.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You can also use the cord that came with the Droid to charge it and the DockRunner app to put the phone into alarm clock mode.

theone964

Reaction score
Update

I know that this thread is nearly a year old but it is the most relevant thread so I'm not opening another thread. I just got a new Droid X 2 days ago and its completely unprotected right. Im looking at new accessories for it and i would really really like to have the Multimedia dock but like the first post i dont want to have to keep removing a case. I check Seidio's website to see which of their cases fit the dock but couldn't find any info. Could someone plz point me in the right direction or let me know if any other cases work with the dock.

I know that i am the one asking for help so i just have to wait but it's a new phone and completely unprotected so i would really appreciate a speedy response.

Thank You

barcodelinux

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into the ezeStand? ezestand.com

I have one for my Droid 1 but I don't have access to the Droid X to see if it will fit that one.

Esse2420

Reaction score
I just plug my phone in next to the head of my bed, set the alarm, and leave on the pillow next to me. BOOM. Phone being charged and alarm clock w/o stupid dock. Just dont leave it UNDER a pillow or it will overheat and DRAIN the battery.